Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black And White

Options
  • 16-02-2001 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

it should be out soon, who thinks it will be a big let down, cause i have this feeling

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If it suddenly appears on shelves without so much as a demo or review - bad sign.

On the other hand, in a revolutionary stylee, I think I may play the game and then make up my mind without speculating before I've so much as turned one animal avatar thingie into a twisted hideous monumnet of evil smile.gif

btw, does anyone know if there going ahead with the White and Black box idea, where the white one is 5 quid dearer but the money goes to charity whereas the black one no money goes to charity.

Wonder which one I'd buy? smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think its gonna utterly stonk! Cant wait.
    Its been delayed for exactly a week (this is a good sign, they said they wouldnt make another estimate unless they were sure but to make exactly one week delay means they hit a small distribution or marketing problem. they must be close.)

Its release date is mid April if memory serves.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The black and white boxes idea is going ahead. It's the cleverest bit of marketing I've heard in years - you have to make a decision between good and bad before you even bring the game to the checkout smile.gif

Every time I've played this I've been stunned by the progress; each time it feels like the Best Game Ever, and then the next time around they've made it BETTER. I've only had a chance to fiddle with it in small doses with Lionhead folk peering over my shoulder... But even on the basis of that, I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed by B&W. Except Greenbean maybe, but he's actually genuinely expecting the second coming of christ in a box wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Aye, i can't wait for it either, can't wait to have a huge evil tiger running round throwing huge rocks at villages tongue.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh B&W looks class and has been getting good previews and i dont expect it to fail...........
    i 'll be buying it anyway.

Draffodx
    Out of desparition courage is born

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Molyneux thinks this game will have the power to tell a human being whether they are in fact, good or bad. This sort of power has never really been seen in a video game on this kind of scale (there is a difference between turning a paradise into hell and hassling villagers then to driving on the side walk in Die Hard Trilogy ye know smile.gif). Sure games can show a deeper side of your nature, but this game is going a hop, skip and leap ahead of anything we have seen before. It will be a memorable experience and no mistaking it.

I've seen some ****ed up **** in my time here: ani_u_tan_kun.gifThunderingMike ani_marco.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Along with Tribes 2, TF 2 and Flashpoint, this is one of the games I've been most eagerly awaiting. I can't wait, torn between wanting it now and not wanting them to rush it smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Its due out on the 29th of march or so Im told...Really looking forward to this game

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

well to be honest, as soon as i heard about it and what it planed to do, then there were the many hunderds of weebby's to it, then there was taht whole selling faces thingy, i have had money set aside for it for 4months, im serious. i cant wait, hehe, hmm
    if it does what its say it will, which is a big ol fight sence, we might see some clans popping up if they bring in 6v6, who wants to start 1 up?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh i'd be up for a bit of B&W mayhem i would be up for starting an irish B&W clan

ter0004.gif

Draffodx
    "Knuckles"
    Hate is all the world has even seen latlely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

*gargles in anticipation* cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Doubting Shinji Thomas has had to see the game with his own hands before he could believe.

/me sticks on his "I told you so" underwear; "am I ever wrong" he shouts.

I'm gonna be happy with Black&White, I've a fair idea of whats possible with a computer, but I pity the poor newbies and stupid who believe it can make their fridge spew out free icecream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

free icecream ?? I'm getting B&W !

Nil Desperandum

i hear tis taking some serious hardhare to take it.
    im worried that my p3 500 128 ram and ge-force 2 mx cant handle, so im getting a new comp with about 800 i have. no monitor needed so i can play B&W to the fll extent. I just cant wait for it to come out, and btw

SELLING NOW

Christ in a box

- Good Condition
    - A Bit Old
    - Could be an illusion created by human fear

£100 ono(hehe who doesnt know what that means?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I read in This months PC Gamer that all youll need is a p266 and an 8 mb 3d card.

But i suppose thats with all details etc. turned off.

Just watched the 20mb trailer and, I want it NOW! smile.gif

I read in an un-named magazine(im to ashamed of what they said last mont to buy it ever again) that it willl require a p3600 128 ram and a ge-force for optimal effiency(great pharse)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Ok, so if it does come out in two boxes does that mean if you buy one you WILL be either good or evil depending on the box? or is it done so that you end up being good/evil based on how you play?

I need to think of a good signature.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Q_Ball, the contents of the boxes are the same. The Black one is a fiver cheaper, the White one more expensive but the extra fiver goes to charity. The idea is that you have to make a moral decision even before you buy the game - obviously the RIGHT thing to do is to buy the white box and give to charity, whereas the selfish and WRONG thing to do is to buy the black box.

I want to know if EA will release seperate sales figures for each box. Be nice to know what percentage of folk actually go for the white one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

It is going to be huge, high powered comps are an advantage.

Theres a review out on it by PCZONE, it looks the buisness. Molyneux knows what hes doing hes been around for a while loike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yay Magic Carpet 3 with less colors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kali:
    yay Magic Carpet 3 with less colors</font>

Ok let me be the first to point out it's coloUrs, not colors ya yank ya

I need to think of a good signature.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

crap i was expecting more of a reaction then that to that post.
    hehe yeah i usually leave out the u to annoy grammer people smile.gif

anyway somebody mentioned a 20mb rolling demo? any links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shinji:
    Q_Ball, the contents of the boxes are the same. The Black one is a fiver cheaper, the White one more expensive but the extra fiver goes to charity. The idea is that you have to make a moral decision even before you buy the game - obviously the RIGHT thing to do is to buy the white box and give to charity, whereas the selfish and WRONG thing to do is to buy the black box. B]</font>
    That is a fantastic marketing strategy. When is the game out cause you'd think they want to let people know about this from ad placements etc. I'd get the black box. Sick of always being the good guy and saving the world...errm..in games that is. That is if I am buying a copy cause I can be really really bad and...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Kali theres a link to it on fileplanet.

MONTY.gif
    http://www.nethousegames.com

Yeah it's up on fileplanet.com and it's a great trailer, they're teasing me frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I bet there will be somthin (a wee thing) extra in the Whte Box....or maybe not, still the best marketing stratagy from a game ever...cant wait.

Ein Volk, Ein reich, Ein Clan!!!
    **Fenix**

Advertisement