Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imperium Galactica 2

Options
  • 21-02-2001 4:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Now there was a great game that didnt deserve to die! The web site hasnt been updated in 10 months, i havent been able to find 1 fan site. Anyone here have it and enjoy it? Anyone know any fan sites at all for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

nope, but your right, it was a great game

MONTY.gif
    www.nethousegames.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Crashed too much for me. Same with Sacrifice. Both sitting on my desk, unused and unloved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Now thast weird hobbes, becasue i never had a single problem with it. Was extremely stable for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Void

It had a lot going for it, but was ultimately flawed. I finished it on the hardest skill within 2 days of buying it. I'm not boasting, it's just that I discovered some extremely unbalanced things. The "ship controller beam" thingies for example. Every game boils down to you vs HUGE vicious alien (Vorticons? Whatever...) fleet. They always outnumber you by 100000:1. The thing is, when it comes down to it, the ships are arranged in stacks, the aliens have 7 stacks of 72 battleships, I have 7 stacks of 1 cruiser. Each with "controller rays". When I fire at a stack, I capture all 72 battleships, and I kill him with his own fleet. Despite the Firepower rating being 20:1 in the enemies favour, I win the battle with zero casualties. Call it cheating if you will, but once I copped this I stopped playing the game. It was silly.

The MOO 3 guys have said they are taking some inspiration from IG2 but. Best of both worlds?

Oh and Hobbes, I have IG2 and Sacrifice (didn't like it too much), and neither have ever crashed for me. This could be attributed to two different reasons. Firstly, you live in Amerrrica (first the sugar....etc) and you get the games before us, at an earlier rev though (crashometrical). Or secondly, you are such a l33t hax04 that you fúck around with your computer so much that it's all broken and stuff.

[This message has been edited by Void (edited 21-02-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

probably option 1.

Although I downloaded the patch for Sacrifice and it still didn't fix the crash bugs I was getting.

The evil god in sacrifice, try doing just his levels, crashes regular as clockwork trying to load 2-3 level.

As for sacrifice, it plays for a while then bombs out with a null error, taking my civilisation with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

i finished after a week by attacking and capturing the races main ship prod planet, the race died quite quickly after that...

MONTY.gif
    www.nethousegames.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I was looking for a copy of that for ages! I don't think I'll bother now smile.gif

Advertisement