Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson P800 Release Date?

• 31-01-2003 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

Anyone in the biz know when I can buy this phone over here?

I presume Vodafone are waiting to release this as they don't have a PDA phone smaller than the Nokia Comm. (which puts my PC to shame).

I want one now!...

pics and spec

tribble

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

check this thread out, talla bought an international (import) one a few weeks ago SIM free from mPhone

i'm holding out until the UK stock get's released, which is supposed to be mid to late feb (according to various posters on www.esato.com and www.allaboutsymbian.com)

as to when the networks here will release it, that's usually a how long is a piece of string question i'm afraid (until you see it in the stores here)

HTH,
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭talla

dont think it'll be here for a while, when I was setting up my P800 on o2 a couple of weeks back, o2 couldnt help me cause it wasnt a supported handset and they said there wasn't even a P800 with o2 Ireland for test. Anyway the fact that it hasnt even been released in the UK yet indicates to me it won't be offered by the networks for a couple of months as we're usually a few months behind over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Thanks for the prompt reply lads,

so i won' be getting one next week then:mad:

Oh well - gives me something to look forward to I suppose:)

b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Its a beaut of a phone that..../me looks at his aging 7110...... 'your days are numbered'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Snaga
    /me looks at his aging 7110...... 'your days are numbered'.
    Hold on to that 7110 - believe it or not, it's actually a collectors' item.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Tis a Beauty of a phone, m8 had a test model a few weeks ago (not the retail version which is only starting to hit places like ebay recently)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3003365197&category=14410

499.00 GBP
    United Kingdom Pounds = 763.207 EUR
    Euro
    1 GBP = 1.52947 EUR 1 EUR = 0.653820 GBP

Put it this way, even if you do wait until it is released over here, you are going to pay through the nose for it, im guessing it will be round the 1k Mark easily.

There is one from what looks to be a very trust worthy U.k seller

he is one of a hundred with them for sale, just dont get stung by any bloody Dodgy Romanian deal :)

Just noticed he has had one or two dodgy dealings, but never the less there are other sellers out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭talla

just as a sidenote, i'd probably advise any potential buyers to hold off until the phone is releases in Ireland/UK. Im trying to find a way of updating the firmware on the phone as their is a new firmware available but Sonyericsson are refusing to help as it has not been released in the UK/ Ireland. See email below:

Dear Mr Colgan,

Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson.

Regarding your enquiry concerning the P800, as the handset has yet to be released in the UK or Ireland there is currently no service options in place to support this handset.

Please contact us again if we can be of any further assistance or visit our website on http://www.sonyericsson.com for information on products or support.

Best regards,

xxxxxxxx

Sony Ericsson Customer Care Centre.
    Tel: 08705 237 237
    Fax: 0845 300 2439
    E mail: questions.gb@support.sonyericsson.com

Original Message
    Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 2:01 PM
    To: questions.gb@support.sonyericsson.com
    Subject: P800

Product: P800

Opinion: Hi,
    I believe there is a new firmware upgrade available for the P800(R1D). Can you tell where the nearest service centre point in dublin Ireland is?

[edit]Please do not post personal information (such as names) without express permission[/edit]

Advertisement