Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case question for you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

From what i've heard they are a bit crampt and a bit cheap looking.
    I think Lord_Shadow said he got one the othernight on irc.
    Its a cheap LL replica but is a lot smaller than a LL.
    The lcd afaik just shows temps from a probe it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

That is not what i was wanting to hear..

I know that it is small but I don't want a case that is too big since i will be bringing it to lans and stuff.

I was looking to get a case that has, or could take, a lcd screen that can display temps, cpu +ram load, and whatever else I like

Ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Try this link Skyhawk USA - it has all the specs on that case.

Looks sweet - u gonna be showing it off at Darkside V ?? :D

Bio

[/edit]must type faster - PPC beat me to it. AFAIK it will only do one temp. If you want a full spec lcd / vfd package, myself or PPC will steer you in the right direction, but it will take up one of your bays[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    I was looking to get a case that has, or could take, a lcd screen that can display temps, cpu +ram load, and whatever else I like

Your gonna need to get an matrix orbital lcd/vfd unless ya want to wire one ya self.
    www.matrixorbital.com

I got my vfd from noritake
    They have all the details on it on the bit-tech forums on how to buy one

vfd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I built a machine into one of those skyhawks recently, tis very cramped, and was a flimsy ****er to work with, i imagine it would get very scratched.

Also theres no psu with it, so more cost

Altho it does look ok when together, and the temp monitor isnt what i would call accurate

Basically there was only three 3.5 inch bays, taken up by this rigs zip/floppy/hdd, the extra HDD was mounted lower down, i sorta fitted but was leaving thins very cramped.

Ill post more in a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by BioHazRd
    Looks sweet - u gonna be showing it off at Darkside V ?? :D

Bio

ahem, that may be one of my reasons...

You guys recon that the cases are a bit cramped. I suppose that it is a true(since I am getting a raid board) and I would like an extra drive bay. I also don't want a door on the case as i like to have frequent access to the cd drives. So this limits my search away from the chieftec's that you guys like. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for that link Bio. I was looking at their site(not the US one) and it didn't give any of that info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I got one a few weeks ago. I think its a pretty cool case for the price. Theres not much over here for that price range. Brought it to a lanparty last week and komplett now have a few more orders for it. Its light enough but not flimsy. The fact that theres no PSU bumps the price up but alot of the cases sold now are only coming with 300-350's so probably better off getting a 450. The temp gauge is a bit dubious as its a sensor but there are a few fans, nice side window and a sound activated light with it, not to mention the front display. The front usb/IEEE connectors were a bit fiddley but all in all for the price I'm well impressed.

Advertisement