Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

if McCarthy was to give advice to Kerr...

• 31-01-2003 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

... what would he say?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

"Buy this and may other items in Pennys tell em i sent ya and ya get a discount"

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

"Look Kerrsy, I know the players, i know their best positions on the field, just try Breeny up front, he'll do a job for ye."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I know I am going to get alot of grief for this post but TBH lads I think it is time to give Mick a break, he is gone now. He was not all bad and he wass in charge for some excellent performances and helped get us to the World Cup. It was definitely time to go but I do not think continuing to slate him at every opportunity is fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

Originally posted by Waylander
    I know I am going to get alot of grief for this post but TBH lads I think it is time to give Mick a break, he is gone now. He was not all bad and he wass in charge for some excellent performances and helped get us to the World Cup. It was definitely time to go but I do not think continuing to slate him at every opportunity is fair.

i agree... but i do think that roy keane should be given as much stick as humanly possible, and should never be allowed don an irish jersey again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

He probably advised him to stick to tried and tested (and failed) internationals, rather than giving untried people try-outs. Thats what McCarthy would have done. One of his problems was that he picked his strongest squad for friendles, and then gave people debuts in highly-charged qualifying games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Kerrsie , I advise the following:

Get a stupid hair cut
    Get someone to belt your forehead with a spade and you will look like Ernie
    Talk like you have a peanut up your nose
    Make sure you pick a defence who cannot run, can head and look awful
    Don't listen to your players, you are always right, even if it means sending them all home.
    If you fuc up don't worry the F(uckin) A(sshole) I(diots) will give you a big pay off anyway.
    Always play the yes men, they will never give you any hassle
    Spend plenty of time under the sun bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

it's a joke people... "give Mick a break, he's gone now" ???? Boo hoo, you're breaking my heart... less anal(ysis) Bateman...

How about this advice:

Don't eat the yellow snow

Don't bring Richard Dunne on a team night out

Don't let the players smoke during half-time

etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Ah right. You are a funny guy Joey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

'Bah gum Briano, don't stick yer backside in a bacon-slicer'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Originally posted by joey D
    if McCarthy was to give advice to Kerr...

... it would probably be the worst advice in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

if big mac was to give kerr advice it would be " don' listen to anything i say and you will become a jedi knight"!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

"now kerr as we all know kevin kilbane is the best player in the world and now that they have started cloning humans get your order in fast, think about it a team of kilban's you coulden't go wrong"

tho he would probably not give him advice on his team but on how to tell the media what there going to do tommorow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Well at least there is no shortage of lessons to be learned from McCarthy's reign!
    Useful in some way.

Advertisement