Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Paseo

Options
  • 31-01-2003 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Got a buddy who has a '96 (96-98 model) Toyota Paseo.
    Its the 4EFE 1.3.

He is putting on 16's and is looking for a good but not overly-priced suspension kit.

Anyone got any recommendations and sources for same?
    He is looking for updated struts and springs with a drop of 35mm.

Adjustable is nice (i..e Koni's) but too damn expensive for a paseo/his budget

Looking to spend ~500euro on the complete kit.

TIA,
    J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Paseo-What were Toyota and anyone who bought it thinking??

I know this isn't very constructive but a Toyota Paseo??:eek: :confused: Tell him to save the 500 and sell the paseo and buy a real modders car. I'm not a modder myself but even I know that there are cars you mod and there are cars you don't. I think the paseo would be in the latter group. Its like the guy I saw on the road the other day who had spent a few grand modding a 12 year old Daihatsu Charade!! Muppet!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Calibos,

One mans poison in another mans cure

Yeah OK, a Paseo may not look a great car or have respect, but actually it has both.

Ok, its a 1.3, Ok, its small and comes with horrid wheels....
    BUT.... the 1338cc 4-EFE brings on 99 horses, 100lb/ft torque and is VERY modable. It shares the same engine as the Starlet GT-Turbo.

When a paseo is lowered and has 7inch x 205's, it is actually quite hard to beat it on handling. The small coupe body is very rigid and suffers very little body roll even with stock suspension.
    Its not everyones cup of tea, but neither is tea, some people like coffee.....

Another words....he is happy with his car...you dont need to be...

You should have a look around at other modified Paseoson the web, you will be excuse the pun, shocked to see how they can be turned into very fine examples.

J.

On another note, what car exactly do you drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ba$tard

You were right. I take it all back. I was picturing the bog standard Paseo but I googled modded Paseo's like you suggested and I do agree with you. It looks damn tasty with a decent styling kit and big wheels.

I have a 98 Audi A3 1.6 from new which I will start modding when its fully paid for in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Hey Calibos,

I have a '98 1.6 Civic VTi (170ps Version) and you know what ? I agree Paseos are CRAP ! !
    !!! Joking... !!!

You have an Audi A3....they are kinda short on the ground for modifications in Eire & UK.
    In Germany, you will pay premium for the stuff, so my advice to you is to check out Belgium or Holland if looking for equipment for it.....

Thanks, J.

p.s. Good to know you have an open mind :)

Advertisement