Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oni

Options
  • 11-02-2001 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif - Excellent game!

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 11-02-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

It reminds me of one of those skill games. Y'know, those shareware games that will have u rapt for days but just get really boring because of repetitiveness. That's what Oni is. A brilliantly original game, but not quite a brilliant game. There's no feeling of advancement as you defeat the levels. Sure it gets harder but you don't get any new challenges. A good game and certainly worthy of my 30 quid but not quite a brilliant game. Oooh, a post! from me! i've been away too long cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

biggrin.gif so its not worth my £30 cos i hate repetitive games and i just got deus ex free so that should keep my hands full until a "brilliant" comes along

Draffodx
    It's my way,my way or the highway!
    ter0004.gif

[This message has been edited by draffodx (edited 17-02-2001).]

Implying that Deus Ex isn't brilliant? redface.gif
    cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

So is it worth it or not do ye think? i'm kinda thinking of getting it smile.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's a combat game. He's kind of right, storywise (despite the cool Japanese Manga of it) there is not a lot to it.

But the game is cute, the combat is excellent as is the effects, but the game has no substance. Deus Ex on the other hand has a whole story line you can follow.

Personally I think if Bungie had released a multiplayer version of this game (with limited weapon spawns) they would own any other game out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steven:
    Implying that Deus Ex isn't brilliant? redface.gif
    cool.gif
    </font>

Actually Deus Ex is one of the best games i have ever played on the pc..... biggrin.gif
    Even better is the fact that eidos kindly sent it to me for free biggrin.gif

Draffodx
    ter0004.gif

[This message has been edited by draffodx (edited 18-02-2001).]

You lucky son of a mother cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Only played the demo but it reminds me of a fancy updated stylised Streets of Rage.
    Still **** off brilliant tho', but then i was addicted to streets of rage for months ages ago.

Max : There's nothing here! I want my money back!
    Sam : We didn't pay anything...
    Max : Well, someone'd better give me some money...

Advertisement