Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTB a few machines- which supplier to use??

• 31-01-2003 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have had a good look through the Suppliers thread, and was wondering about CCity?
    Basically I am in the market to buy 4 reasonable desktops (1.7 -2ghz,256, onboard sound etc), and 1 maybe 2 fairly powerful Laptops - all without an O/S.
    I was originally going to go with dell for ease, but they only offer the Optiplex range without an O/S, and those are a rip off.

So has anyone used CCity - they seem reasonable? Or has anyone anyother suggestions?
    Remember I'm not looking for the cheapest Pc's I can get, just value for money.

Ahh don't you just love that friday feeling.
    M.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

ccity are quite reasonable ok. I know it says it on the page, but I'll say it here also, don't expect ANY tech support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

and if yer OWN tech tells CCITY that a Video Card is boll1xed for example, what are they like for RNA and Replacements or do they only have salespersons on their staff and no parts dept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I haven't had to return anything to them yet to be honest.. I'd imagine they'd kick up a bit of a fuss if the item in question wasn't faulty though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Try these guys the are pretty good- www.computersunlimited.ie/

The place is 90 phibsboro road D.7

COMBATCOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Computersunlimited? €850 for a P3-1Ghz with Windows 98? no thanks.
    Milkman you could try elara.ie , they'll put together a system for you without an OS... prices seem reasonable as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭Milkman

Cheers guys,
    I''ll let you know how I get on. Got a rediculous initial quote from Dell.
    Elara looks good though Kali.

M.

Advertisement