Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Work In Progress

• 31-01-2003 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Started this when i got my new monitor. Mapping has become so much easier on 19".

The map will have a small city witch will be under morter/88mm fire. The city will have about 2 flags and each will require 2 men to capture them. There is also a field with 1 88mm in it which i might make the allies distroy, im not too sure at the moment. All i have done so far is the 88mm field, the field has a small (but wide) trench system and a bunker for snipers/mg's. The trench has some fireing steps with also allow MG deployment.

Here are a few screens i took earlier:
    Sorry about the 1024x768 image size
    dod_newmap-screen1.jpg

dod_newmap-screen2.jpg

dod_newmap-screen3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Looks nice. I'd try and add some shadows though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

looks nice, but as raven said add some shadows. looks way too bright too..

pitch "-70" or something in light_environment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Oh yea, im having trouble coming up with a name for the map. If anyone has any ideas there welcome.

Anyone know how to also make it so the gun fires? If you played para_glider you will notice that the two 88s in that map have a sprite flash and also make a cool noise. Might even rip the noise of the 105mm from Band Of Brothers and throw them in, who knows.

[Update]I have it set so as that the allies can distroy the 88. The only problem is i have to work on it so that you require the TNT in order to distory it. At the moment all you need to do is capture it like a flag, though it does explode and turn into a distroyed 88 :) . Im working on haveing an explosion and a time delay on the TNT now....[/Update]

[Update]Allright, the object yolk wouldnt work no matter how hard i tried so im changing the map around a little. There are gonna be 3 or maybe 4 88s which the allies will have to capture and hold. Axis will be able to regain a 88 but will require more men. The city/village area will still be there but not as big. The allies will start in the city and they will have morter fire on them. Ill throw up some screens once more is done, it still looks the same as above but im taking away some of the bunkers[/Update]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

dod_warfield or something
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Allright, well i have changed the map a good bit. Well, kinda started again on Sunday. What you see above will be there but differant as to improve fps and the overall map. The map will have a bridge now and some other stuff to keep it interesting. Im not gonna post up and shots of it for a while, everytime i do i seem to start all over again :rolleyes:

Also, was working on the IGE site for a while today. Its no more grey and a bit more green, not too much though. Will be a lot better though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

winters, its too bare for a WW2 map, put in some barbed wire, and other stuff, sand bags on other side of trench aswell.

Advertisement