Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

An experience with Hibernian

Options
  • 31-01-2003 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Back in November I insured my 90 AUDI 80 1.8(26 + 50% no claims) with Hibernian for 1362 including DD fees, I had recieved lower quotes but I needed immediate cover & Hibernian were giving it to me. Anyhows, about 2 weeks ago I decided to upgrade to a proper car, namely a Volvo S40 T4 or a BMW 323i Coupe.

So onto the web I went and recieved quite reasonable quotes: T4- €1518.42 open driver Full comp and €1849 open full comp on the beemer :). With such good quotes I decided to check out the quote for my Audi; open driver TPFT 1099 + DD fee total of 1160'ish. So naturally I rang up to swap over my current policy to my new quote to I was told no it was a mistake on the web the quote was wrong, and the system was being changed.

It hasn't changed and now I have the same quote in writing with proposal form & DD form! So I rang this morning, and again was told the system was being pulled and I couldn't change policies, tough :mad:. I have a few niggly problems with this attitude, namely: I have it in writing.... valid until Feb 27, which to me is a fairly legally binding document. And Hibernian are advertising a new "driving down insurance" initiative, but their new system is "wrong" in their own words!

I may just quit hibernian an insure elsewhere, or maybe cancel current policy and use my new proposal form to get insurance. Either way I'm curious if anyone else has any dodgy experience with hibernian.....

(Will probably fine tune those para's later:D )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭spoofer

Had a renewal from Hibernian for €670+
    I got a quote from Premier direct of €600.
    Went back to Hibernian and tried to haggle with this info. The best they could do was €650. I went with Premier direct.
    A couple of weeks later my cert from Premier direct arrived ...... they had insured me with Hibernian..
    I couldn't believe it.

Advertisement