Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Companies for Provisional Drivers

Options
  • 31-01-2003 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend insurance companies that will cover Male, Provisional Licence holders for their first time policy

I know about paying through the nose on this one, I am looking for some suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

My first policy was with AXA - I was on a provisional for the first 11 months of it. It was a lot higher than what I was charged after passing my test in March last year (AXA April2001-02 was £2200 (€2973), policy through broker April2002-present is €1325). I was 26 at the time of my first policy though:rollyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

AXA if you wanna go the sat tracking way which works out a few grand cheaper even tho you gotta pay the 1200 installation fee for year one, after 3years your up to 70% no claims which is nice but can you handle been tracked and following all speed limits??

If not then the last time i checked Quinn Direct was the cheapest and one of the actual few that would touch you.

Advertisement