Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake 3 fortress | give it a chance

Options
  • 26-02-2001 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

after trinlan i was not happy. no one was playing q3f frown.gif

it is a *really* good game.

quake 3 fortress is a qwtf port for the q3 engine. it is bloody good, tho not quite as involving as cs.

check it out at http://www.q3f.com and http://www.planetq3f.com

someone need to set up an irish server for it. *things have got poxy since barrysworld, lots of servers are down :0(

if there are any ppl interested in playing it or do already play it mail me as i want to set up a q3f division of HI-TK the new cs clan.

- dead bank clerk
    - honey i pimped the kids

- Dead Bank Clerk -
    "All warfare is based on deception
    - Sun Tsu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

its free free free to download. its not in any shops at al frown.gif its still only in beta stages (updates are released every few months just like CS)

- Dead Bank Clerk -
    honey i pimped the kids
    "All warfare is based on deception"
    - Sun Tsu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

do you have to pay for it now or is just in the shops so that muppets will buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Better than slow Half-Life-engined TFC ****e at any rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Once again the Sico the Q3A monkey proves he doesnt have the grey matter to compete in tfc tongue.gif As for Q3F, it's ok. Not as good as tfc but a damn sight better then plain Q3 DM.

I've seen some ****ed up **** in my time here: ani_u_tan_kun.gifThunderingMike ani_marco.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Half-Life was written by pe0ns!
    Quake 3 Arena was written by Gods!
    The difference in game load times and reliability is fairly substantial which pretty much proves the point!

Half-Life and Quake 3 can't be compared - they're too different.

Lets just say that Quake 3 0wns TFC cause TFC = PANTS! It's too slow and, well, too PANTS!

Counter-Strike however...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Advertisement

Er TM, Q3F was practically the same game as TFC last time I played, just ported over to the Q3 engine. What's wrong with adding a little speed to TFC?

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

c'mon Kharn - everybody agrees that Q3 is crap. I own it myself and never play it. Just about everyone is looking for something more than DM nowadays (CS is the most popular game on the net) and if you think tfc is slow you've never played it properly smile.gif

Ah right, and the big games at Trinlan, e.g. nD vs PS were played in CS is it?

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm sorry, but I don't think Q3A is crap at all! I love the game!
    TDM is pure - the way it's meant to be wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Q3F is ok but the players are nearly all shíte. TF is crap. Cs Is ok. Q3 is crap. Ut is crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I enjoy q3dm anyway , still have to try out q3f , might give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

q3f doesn't feel as good as hl tf. The maps are two small and basically feels like your trying to navigate around maps and a very old and very slow bull.

its just its just aaaahhhhh ackward.

Advertisement