Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamespy

Options
  • 21-02-2001 5:41pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

anyone got gamespy arcade here ?
    just post your nick undetneth
    I wana add you to my buddyspy list
    don't have anoyne on it atm
    my nick is Oj on it btw smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Gamespy Arcade = the work of the devil. Grab GameSpy 3D instead, it's not perfect but at least it does the job, unlike Arcade...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I thought gamespy, gamespy arcade and gamespy 3d were all the same
    where can I get gamespy 3d ?
    and whats the difference between them all ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You can get gamespy 3d from www.gamespy3d.com, I believe. Arcade is a TOTALLY different kettle of fish; GameSpy 3D is just designed to ping servers, keep master lists etc., arcade tries to be all "friendly", but it's not half as useful as GS3D for just "finding servers to play on". It's not like anyone actually USES the chat rubbish in Gamespy Arcade except dumb yanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

I have to agree with rob there (for once tongue.gif )
    ive been using GameSpy 3D for years and it does the job every time.

Its very easy to keep track of all the different game mods too with easy to get/make filters.

[This message has been edited by StrataGIST (edited 21-02-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

What about pingtool? anyone tried that?

I need to think of a good signature.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I've been using the same version of gamespy 3D for ages now, it does the job pretty well, I prefer it to Pingtool and other similar services. Don't get the latest version unless you want to play a game that it adds support for.......I hear they've taken some features like busy server redial out of the uregistered version.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

the chat is really lame in gamespy arcade
    the only thing I like about it is
    you can see the players in a game
    and you can connect to it w/ having to open tfc smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

In Gamespy3D, anyone ever get it when you are movin between 'Favourites' and 'all servers' or 'passed servers', it says 'populating list' at the bottom of the screen, takes about a year and still nothin, Ctrl,Alt Delete - Gamespy3D - (not responding) grrrr, that ****es me off,i know that it aint just my computer or Gamespy version cos my friend has the same problem with a different version...
    well if ya do get that problem, then get a friend to give you all thier servers and manually put them into gamespy yourself, painstakingly long but it works, and that recieving smartspy pish - EVIL.
    smile.gif

Ein Volk, Ein reich, Ein Clan!!!
    **Fenix**

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Gamespy arcade is poop on a stick.

gamespy arcade crahses a LOT on me frown.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fenix:
    ...it says 'populating list' at the bottom of the screen, takes about a year and still nothin, Ctrl,Alt Delete - Gamespy3D - (not responding...- EVIL.
    smile.gif

</font>

i get it all the time
    LEAVE IT FOR 10 MINS !!!!
    pit pinging 100's of servers on a 56K modem (i presume)
    i go back a few mins ant its all sorted
    i always stick to my favs'list with about 15-20 servers anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Im not sure what the difference is between GS 3d and GSA but hey theyre all server browsers ...GSA does crash alot though, but the chat isnt that bad, steer it in the right direction and you can get a good political chat goin and **** the yanks off about theyre latest screw-up ...isnt that worth a few time-outs?

Time waits for No man ...except Bob MaClean the Sex Machine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The 2.50 Registered Gamespy3d is a lot faster at switching server lists.

Have to agree though, it's the best game browser out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

www.kquery.com - i think
    does the same as gamespy but uses less ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

well i have t5he full version of gamespy3d and its is way better than arcade,
    also if gamespy say starts refreashing 100 on a 56k what do you expect it should take about 200 secs to finish

Advertisement