Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate

• 01-02-2003 5:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

Does eating too much chocolate ever give you a headach? Ever heard that Chocolate can help people to have multiple orgasims? Ever heard that chocolate causes your face to break out? What is the deal with chocolate, I think people need to just eat it and quite analyzing it! :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

I know I love it...could all be true I must have at least two pieces a day to be a happt camper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Does chocolate not have a drug inside it similar to caffeine? It does release certain feel good drugs inside the body afaik.

I love a good big bar of chocolate with a large cup of tea. Or a big pack of choccy biccys with a bottle of red wine. I'm now tending to go for the more expensive chocolate bars which are smaller too :( but they have such more wide taste ranges. yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Originally posted by daveirl
    Women are obsessed with Chocolate that's all I know

Agreed, its like that scene in Jurassic Park where they dump the cow but instead its a large hazel nut swirl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Does chocolate not have a drug inside it similar to caffeine? It does release certain feel good drugs inside the body afaik.

True. I don't know what it is, but the chicks dig it!
    Can never go wrong giving women chocolates :p

• Advertisement

I know you can never go wrong with giving me chocolate's as a love treat. As for the drug??? I wonder if it is really addictive? I am sure it must true cause I HAVE TO HAVE IT!!!:p

about chocolate. Chocolate and the drug "theobromine"
    Chocolate turning grey.

Ahh www.howstuffworks.com is a fount of knowledge.

I did read over this site. VERY good site....Even tells if chocolate is really bad for a dogs health. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Yes, thank you Gordon for enhancing my understanding of why I love chocolate. And making me want to go out and buy the biggest bar of chocolate that my local shop sells. Good job I'm not on a diet, eh? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

me loves cadbury dairy milk and a pack of cheese and onion crisps!!! you just cant go wrong wit that!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I work a few hundred metres from Cadburys. The smell has put me off chocolate quite a lot.

The smell has put me off chocolate quite a lot.

I am sorry bout that!!! You poor thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I like armadillos
    Crunchy on the outside! Smooth on the inside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭HJ Simpson

I grew up beside Cadbury's and Tayto perhaps that has a lot to do with my body shape at the momment.
    No. Thats bull**** its Guinness that is responsible for my fantastic physique

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Chocolate, like E, sex and Prozac, stimulates the release of seratonin (one of the happy hormones, along with dopamine) into the system.
    Cadbury's is muck though, more fat than chocolate.
    Lindt, now there's good eatin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Chocolate is the BUSINESS!! Roll on Easter!

Nestle have a new bar out called Double Cream I think, it's delicious!!:p

Nestle have a new bar out called Double Cream I think, it's delicious

Um.....I love the snack size crunchers form nestle.

My sin usually lies with Hershey though...It's the dumb Kisses and Huggs, and most of all my biggest sin...the Plain hershey chocolate bar. Ahhhhh I could just eat on up right now if I hadn't already eatin the last one this am.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I used to eat way too much chocolate but I've given it up.
    Along with sweets.
    Well I say given it up, really I've given it up excluding creme eggs. After all they only come out for about 3 months each year. So I'm eating about 3 a day I'd say.
    But, soon I'll be sick of them and then completley off chocolate.

Where do you get Hershey bars in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

everywhere if im not mistaken , they crammed themsevels on to the counter about 6 months ago , but i hope there is another herseys brand cause they taste coco & smell really bad , (removed proper description for you own good )
    we a re taking about the wine coloured pack
    aint tryed the silver after that
    & i really wanted to enjoy to cause of the dice man ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Chocolate has pushed me ever nearer to being genuinely fat. GF has worked out that I eat my own weight in chocolate every year. That's not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

You can go wrong with chocolate as a "love token". My girlfriend hates the stuff...and sweets in general.

Of course...that leaves more for me.

I agree with pickarooney as well - stuff like Lindt is the business.

jc

The Hershey's I am talking about..My favorite are he Kisses The are teardrop moleded chocolates wrapped in silver, gold, red, colored foil. There are also Hershey bars....I like the one with almonds...but anyhow...The Hershey I Love is wonderful...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by DriftingRain
    The Hershey's I am talking about..My favorite are he Kisses The are teardrop moleded chocolates wrapped in silver, gold, red, colored foil. There are also Hershey bars....I like the one with almonds...but anyhow...The Hershey I Love is wonderful...

You should be able to help me with this.
    I'm trying to find out the name of a bar that I have a bit of a weakness for, but I have forgotten what it's called.
    It's in a yellow wrapper and Bart Simpson advertises it (or used to).

It's the Butterfinger Bar! That one is my bf's favorite bar.

I'm trying to find out the name of a bar that I have a bit of a weakness for, but I have forgotten what it's called.

It's the Butterfinger Bar. They also make these new Butterfinger BB's they are like little m&m's looking but are the same yet smaller. Butterfinger Bars are also my Bf's favorite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Bah, you guy's call 'cadburry' chocolate... prrfffttt....
    It taste and has the texture like a bar of soap.
    Try Belgian Chocolate for a change (and a nice one)
    If you have the chance to get some 'Leonidas' well , don't miss it.

(I believe that a cadburry, can not even be called legaly chocolate in Belgium because of the Cacao amount..)
    National pride speaking here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Hersheys is terrible stuff.. americans have no clue when it comes to chocolate. :) And they put peanuts in everything!

I find the 'real' european stuff too heavy and rich for my tastes.. my favorite bars would be the swiss brands you can get in duty free shops. They seem to be a good compromise between the 'real' stuff and the cadbury/nestle stuff to me.

Teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Gordon

Chocolate gives u endorfins(or however u spell it) which make u happy and so the feel goo factor, u also get endorfins from exercise.
    Originally posted by Dr_Teeth
    Hersheys is terrible stuff.. americans have no clue when it comes to chocolate. And they put peanuts in everything!

I find the 'real' european stuff too heavy and rich for my tastes.. my favorite bars would be the swiss brands you can get in duty free shops. They seem to be a good compromise between the 'real' stuff and the cadbury/nestle stuff to me.

Teeth.

yeah hersheys is fairly nasty alright. i lived in the US for a yr and thats all they had. The one with almonds is ok if there nuthin else to eat!

Definetly the swiss and belgium chocolate is really really nice!

I think my favourite bar would have to be a twirl or wispa. Something like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

mmm..... chocolate. in my opinion you cant beat cadbury's mint crisp, or turkish delight.
    snow flakes are pretty good too. mmm........

Advertisement