Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bela Fleck & The Flecktones

• 01-02-2003 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Anyone catch Bela Fleck & The Flecktones last month in Whelans? Don't think many people realised a guy recognised as one of the best bass players in the world (Victor Wooten) was playing that night. Long time until they play here again, pity.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Feck! Missed it, sounds like a great gig. Victor Wooten is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭innisfree

An amazing jam band.... even if you're not into their music you'll enjoy it. When Bela came out with an electric banjo and futureman with his self-made 'drumatar' you knew it'd be different.
    Vic blew me away with his 15min bass solo. I've never heard Amazing Grace played on the bass guitar so well :D He's the only guy I know who could pull off an entire gig with just his bass. Somehow he sounds like he's playing an electric guitar and bass at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

saw em in galway a few years ago, met up with Vic before and after.. was asking him for some tips :) was a tiny gig.. and unreal. Vic is by far the best bassist ive ever seen live.. ye heard his song 'me & my bass guitar' ? if ya havent... get it. bass solo's.. wowza.. and the double sax ... and and and...

Advertisement