Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Processor multiplyer frequency?

• 01-02-2003 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

ok. i have a amd athlon XP 2600+ cpu, but the guy who installed it did something. and now the comp reads it as only 1250mhz. i know where to go but i dont know what to set the frequency or bus to. please help!!!! thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by Aragorn
    ok. i have a amd athlon XP 2600+ cpu, but the guy who installed it did something. and now the comp reads it as only 1250mhz. i know where to go but i dont know what to set the frequency or bus to. please help!!!! thanks

More detail is needed, what motherboard is it? This would hold the answer to your question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

its an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mobo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It sounds to me like your front side bus is running at 100mhz. (many socket A boards default to 100.) Check the value in the bios and change it to at least 133 if it is at 100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

yea thats it stephen. i just had to set it to 166mhz. now it reads amd athlon XP 2600+. he he thanks lads

Advertisement