Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems trying to get ISDN installed

Options
  • 01-02-2003 2:34pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I want to get ISDN installed to use with my NoLimits connection. All our landline calls are carried by EsatBT. Eircom only get linerental money (more than enough :rolleyes: )

Anyway, I rang Eircon to get iSDN installed and after giving the account number, she said, "oh you're using another carrier" and said that she cannot put me through with ISDN because I have a different carrier! She said I'd have to transfer calls back to Eircom to get ISDN tested and installed, then I could move back to EsatBT. This isn't an option for me as I'd lose my NoLimits service in the process!

Why couldn't she just put me forward for an install? Has anyone else ever encountered this problem?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

That is BULLSH1T! I ordered ISDN and I specifically asked if my being on another carrier would matter, she said absolutely not, confirmed this TWICE. Carriers make absolutely no difference with ISDN.

Sheesh. Ring back and make a complaint. Fecking biddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

First off, eircom dont have to do jack and Sh*t when you use someone else.

Second SNL is an internet package and you dont need to be with Esat to use it.

If you are with esat, then order your line through them. As Eircom wont install your ISDN line if you are with there compatition....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Quite a few people who've switched to ISDN have reported that Eircom have become their telco provider again pretty much without consent - that's one thing to watch for when you eventually (and you will be able to) get it installed.

Won't make a difference to your DNL as sutty has said.

And do what eth0_ said (it'll at least make you feel better), then you can write a nice letter to Comreg about it and complain on the IOFFL board.

They can install it and they will install it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well I rang Eircon back and complained about the previous person not allowing me ISDN. The person I was talking to this time was surprised that I was told i couldnt get it installed and wanted to know the name of the previous rep but I couldn't remember her name.

Anyway, I am now going to get it installed and the whole process could take up to 28 days to get installed. My line will be tested inside 5 days to see if it'll work.

She did mention something about calls getting transferred back to eircom (i think it's on a form?) and that I should notify EsatBT when I get upgraded.

Dunno what the initial rep was on, but if only I could've remembered her damned name!

Anyway, thanks all for yer replies! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

When you upgrade to ISDN from PSTN and you are with an OLO your calls will automatically go back to Eircom all you have to do is advise Esat that you are upgrading to hi Speed after this is Done you can move all your calls again to Esat

also
    Dunno what the initial rep was on, but if only I could've remembered her damned name!
    (It should be logged in there system that you call and who spoke to you)

• Advertisement
Advertisement