Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair

• 01-02-2003 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Does anyone know of anyone or anywhere that does laptop repairs....a friend has an IBM thinkpad 600e which made a 'click' sound when opening the laptop one day...thereafter...no display!!.....sounds to me like a broken cable connection or something but needs fixing...any ideas...I dont really want to point him in the direction or IBM themselves as it would probably cost an arm and a leg!!......regards...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

No help to you but I'm after the same answer - sister's TP390 is sitting here for a few weeks, hard drive is probably dead but it may be something more so someone looking at it at a reasonable price might be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

You'll find it pretty hard due to parts being made specifically for them and cost of parts. I don't think the majority of computer stores will take any in for repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

well there are quite a few boarders that have built their own pc's and stuff from scratch or modded them ,

i know laptops are different, but maybe if you opened one up, it could be what you say - and just a loose fitting,

you couldn't do much harm looking anyway :)

Advertisement