Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying games in Galway...

Options
  • 06-03-2001 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Apart from Smyths, Currys and other such kak establishments where can i get a decent selection of PC games in galway city?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

I cant imagine you have trouble buying games in that city .Its frickin massive . Here In Cork were blessed with a "Game" , But Virgin and smiths arent that bad either

Time waits for No man ...except Bob MaClean the Sex Machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I know!,

Lets face it there are no good places to buy games in Galway city. If you galwegians can remember Software Terminal and the other one that was downstairs in the Eyre Sq. Centre, AFAIK I think there was another Software Terminal in the CornStore on Middle St.

Where did all these places go??

But the other thing we have to consider is the fact that Smyths are charging less for their games than the likes of high street shops like Game. They also have a kickin return policy (I.e. if you bring the game home and burn a copy of it, we will gladly give you a credit note upon return, so you can repeat the process the next day, Idiots!).

But yes lets get the politicians and the minister for digital entertainment (who??) to sort out our gaming needs!!

On the other hand I think we should find places to setup LAN parties where people can come to play LAN games such as UT and Quake. Now that would be MAD (not the bloody cybercafes).

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

just leave galway, it smells

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, if you've seen the Technology board, myself and Jaden are gonna try organise the first RODLAN for Galway!

A BYOB&PC Lan for the ages!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The only place is Smiths afaik - it's a ****e state of affairs to be in!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Advertisement
Advertisement