Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what is happening at leeds?

• 01-02-2003 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

what the hell is going on at leeds? two years ago, with the might of oleary, and ferdinand, and the nation backing a team of youthfull players, they were truly a force to be reckoned with, out doing every other english team in the champions league in 2000, but now, ferdinand is out, o leary is out, fowler, bowyer, woodgate, dacourt, i mean, why?? surely it couldnt be simply down to dressing room arguments and bad baudgeting? has venables lost teh plot? or is ridsdale jst money hungry? or is he trying to lower share prices so that he will own a biger share? hes the majority stakeholder, surely he doesnt want his shares to be worthless, but thats the way things are going, i was a leeds fan, but with teh fiasco of the last few months ive turned pretty much from any team, i have no team to support nemore, blaming it on the trial would be pointless too, true the media made alot of it, players were under the spotlight, but bowyer performed brilliantly under that pressure, i dont really know how to sum up how frustrated i am having to watch player after player walk out the door, thank god the transfer window is shut, but i have to worry if with a depeleted squad and no means to reinforce it, can leeds really avoid the bottom three? just got beat 2-0 by everton, the team i wonce loved is defunct!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

A) O'Leary assembled an expensive team in a hefty gamble. He/they lost.

B) Your keyboard has an Enter key and a Shift key. Please learn to use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Sterile Fish

i can use them, i jst dotn see the point whenever the words can be understood without them. pwned me thinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    A) O'Leary assembled an expensive team in a hefty gamble. He/they lost.

He didnt actually im sure they made a lot of money in that time.
    And he should have sold Bowyer and Woodgate the minute they were charged with assualt or sacked them but the board decided it was to much to lose they stuck with them and brought about the downfall of the team.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Could be worse.

I mean, they could be in Barcelona's position!

12th. place, 3 points of relagation, manager sacked [again!]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Leeds Utd are worth a mere £15m on the stock market. They can't afford to be in debt because they're a PLC so that's why they've no choice but to sell their best assets.

Can't help but laugh that they almost got £9m from the 'Pool for Bowyer not too long ago.

It's funny coz it's true... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

It's not el tel's fault to much extent. As a manager he is responsible for the results but the financial situation has nothing to do with him.

IMO it's all because of ridsdale and not o'leary. O'leary asked for incredible amounts of money but ridsdale is in control of the cash flow. He should not have let him spend so much. To be honest, i think ridsdale shouldn't have been re-elected. He's not doing this to lower the club because his own holdings shrink along with everyone elses. If he has given the club a financial future then he has covered his own ass in my opinion.

So who thinks venebles will leave before the end of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I'd say he'll stick it out til the end of the season. The fans are behind El Tel now so he might aswell hang around for their peace of mind yada yada...then bail off to Barbados with Ron Atkinson for a month or so. Lovely jubbly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

Ridsdale is a joke.

He said he'd sell Rio Ferdinand over his dead body.

He said no chairman in England would refuse a bid of 9 million for Woodgate.

I'd say Newcastle would have paid twice that if they had to.

RIDSDALE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLC. Hah!

Pathetic Little Chairman.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 omad

as a man united fan i have no sympathy for leeds .The selling of Ferdinand was a big mistake even though im not complaining!!!
    This decision got rid of o leary. Since he has gone terry "Joke for a manager" Venables has done nothing. Risdale hasnt helped by sellling best players.But Real Madrid were over 600m in debt and they bought Zidane.If Leeds kept their best players, they could be in champions league and they would some of the debt from that.Makes sense to me!!!

"Life IS like a Box of chocolates
    Ya never know what comes next"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Sterile Fish
    i can use them, i jst dotn see the point whenever the words can be understood without them. pwned me thinks!

The point is that you can be BETTER understood with them.

And yes, I agree, Leeds are in shite order at the moment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Leeds are where they are today because they took a gamble and lost,they spent a fortune on players they taught would get them regularly into the champions league they havent and now the **** has hit the fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

But Real Madrid were over 600m in debt and they bought Zidane

That is not really a fair comparison because the Madrid City Council keeps bailing out Reral Madrid so they can afford to run up these debts. I think the council has bought the Beranau a couple of times and gives it back to them. I cant see the good folk of Leeds allowing there councilors to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

But Real Madrid were over 600m in debt and they bought Zidane

Real madrid sold their training ground which was located in the madrid city centre and was on prime land for over 600million,the city council who bought it also built them a state of the art training facility on the outskirts of madrid.

Not that this matters as the owner is a billionaire.

Advertisement