Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Non-Line-Of-Sight Wireless Broadband invention, 20 mile range

Options
13»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

badoooom! *tish*

Hey hey folks, he's here till thursday!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

OK.

It is possible (just about) that Chorus are 'fulfilling their licence obligations' in County Cork.

Did Willie Fagan maintain that they are fulfilling their licence obligation s in ANY OTHER COUNTY ?

If so, which ? If he didn't answer I'd also like to know.

I hear he;s busy with the Lawyers these days ....poor lad.

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It is possible (just about) that Chorus are 'fulfilling their licence obligations' in County Cork.

Possibly, but I don't understand why. Chorus only provide wireless connections in Cork as "wireless leased lines". Does this mean that there is no provisions in the licenses for /how/ they may be used? If that's the case, couldn't Fagan just use it as, you know, a coaster?

I hear he;s busy with the Lawyers these days ....poor lad.

Ooh, do elaborate. I wonder is he any relation to my dear friend Mike.

adam

Chorus and Eircom were awarded Licences for Narrowband FWPMA some 3 years back in June 2000

I posted Eircoms obligations in another thread. It seems they satisfied Comreg that they have c.20% national coverage but nobody knows where because Comreg neglected to publish any maps as did Eircom....funny that :confused:

Chorus were awarded their licences on a per county basis. Comreg should have taken most of them back last month but the fellas with Rats on their head were dragged in as Chorus went flamejob legal. Etain is mortally afeared of them fellas, therefore she has not yet announced the Narrowband FWPMA licence recall due at the end of February ....some 2 weeks back with a full Chorus licence recall at in Mid June 2003.

We know that Chorus turned on a mast in Cork.....which is why Wille told you (at your Cork address) that they were compliant.

They are only compliant to that degree in Cork and in Limerick. Chours have not installed or commissioned the systems in Any Other County....like they must do by June 2003.

I noted that Wille Fagan, to whom the letter was addressed by you Adam, did not sign the answer. Willie (in his capactity as head of regulatory affairs) probably knew the truth about Chorus and their limited compliance with the Narrowband FWPMA licence in Cork.

In order to be fully compliant as stated by the regulatory affairs director in his unsigned letter to you, it is required that Chorus offer all the following services over wireless, TODAY, in Cork.

In oreder for Chorus to be complian the coverage in Cork must be precisely as follows

County Base Station Coverage (Sq. km)
    Cork Blarney 191
    Cork Carrigaline 67
    Cork Charleville 106
    Cork Churchfield 170
    Cork Clonakilty 121
    Cork Cobh 9
    Cork Cork Airport x 2 170
    Cork Kanturk 505
    Cork Kinsale 31
    Cork Macroom 222
    Cork Mallow 41
    Cork Midleton 125
    Cork Carron1 (Buttevant) 348
    Cork Carron2 (Kilmallock) 462
    Cork Nowen(Dunmanway)178
    Cork Skibbereen 98

Abstracted list from This document page 8 or so.

Wille Told you that Chorus were compliant Adam. Nevertheless Chorus offered no wireless product. You should write back and get a list of servicees available to you along with a coverage map of the most likely transmitter from the above list.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by DeVore
    badoooom! *tish*

Hey hey folks, he's here till thursday!

DeV.

Thank you, thank you, your beautiful.

Actually, im only here til tommorow and then im playing a two week stint of gigs in Gran Canaria. See yis in two weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭fabien

this post seems to have surprisingly died down...

does anyone know if Chorus have fulfilled all their obligations of service coverage by march 2003?

If not, did Comreg take their licence off them??

I'm especially interested in their tipperary coverage for Wireless broadband....

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭fabien

that's weird...just got an email saying Muck had replied to my post, but its not here...is it a bug? no big deal - Muck if you did reply and the post disappeared, can you please do it again...thanks!

i realised i had already mentioned 150603 ...had one searched :(

ring comreg and post in here what they tell you

Ta

Advertisement