Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flourecent lighting - any one know of full spectrum tubes?

Options
  • 01-02-2003 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I know this is totally in the wrong category, but this is my home :D, all my buddies live here and I can’t find a health section on boards.ie :(.

In my office we use fluorescent lights and these are on pretty much all the time as we are more or less on the shadow side of the building. The absence of natural light really gets to me, and I vaguely recall way back reading about the effects of this type of lighting and that there are “green” or “healthy” tubes around with give full spectrum lighting (I think it was called that).

I am currently trying to get the money to get Solatubes installed to get some natural light into the place (I’ll let you know if these work out www.solaglobal.com), but I also want get those fluorescent lights out!

There’s probably more than just me that suffers from light deficiency (SAD), so if anyone can help on the fluorescent lights bit I’d be delighted.

Looking forward to hearing from you and not having this thread killed by the admin.

The Duke : ))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

forget this thread... I found what I was looking for at www.truesun.com. Just took me a while.

Again, if these work out I'll let you know and if it does we'll buy a really big one and hang it off the spike!!! Now, I pride myself with having found a use for it :D.

Indeed, I find it great how they are commemorating Dublin city with a big syringe needle. Really open minded, I think :D

The Duke : ))

Advertisement