Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWG - Jedi info

Options
  • 01-02-2003 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

Some very interesting info has been released about how the Jedi/Dark Jedi class will work in SW:G when its out.

To get a chance at even playing a Jedi/Dark Jedi your character must be Force Sensitive. There is ment to be no fixed way to do this. If player A does steps 1 2 3 and gets it, it dosent mean that player B only has to do steps 1 2 3 to get it as well. Seems there will be a huge randomizer on get the Force sensitive SLOT.

Thats right i said SLOT. SW:G will only allow you to play one character per account ( probley per server). When your character access's the Force Sensitive randomizer thingy, you get another character slot on you account.

It is the 2nd character that can become a Jedi/Dark Jedi, not the first character you play/make. Kinda cool in a wacky sort of way. Sadly the coolness stops here. Jedi are gonna be a mega hard class to play. So hard in fact that they suffer from perma death. For those that dont know what perma death means ill explain. Normaly MMORPG's cause you to re-spawn at you last bind point naked when that monster rip you a new arse. SW:G will do something simular for all player type bar Jedi. When a Jedi dies it game over, hasta la vista baby, do not pass go etc. They have said you get a few freebie deaths but one there used up it wam bam and thank you maam. After death your Jedi character is like the Obi wan/Yoda type ghost from the movies. What these ghosts will be able to do is beyond me.

Personaly I think this sucks. To invest so much time in leveling up or maxing out skills to risk perma death on the hardest class to play in a game is nuts. Needless to say I will not be playing one tho I can see the Force sensitive account going for crazy money on Ebay :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

I can honestly say that this is one game that I am dying for. Oh, no wait, Zelda: TWW aswell, but thats May :p

Every Wednesday and Friday I hover around waiting for those all important posts by Q :cool:

As for the Jedi thing, it's necessary. This is not JK2 online afterall. I myself have no interest in being a jedi. Bounty Hunter would be my *prestige* class of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

This is a pretty good idea, it will allow them to put up alot of Jedi so alot of people will get to play a jedi without them taking over the server. Their discussing when open beta starts on 5th of february if i remember correctly, so wont be long until beta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Heh. TBH, I don't want to play a Jedi. Cuz I know every bloody n00b from Dublin to Sydney will be screaming 'I AMZ TEH JEDDY!11'

Personally I'd love to hang out with a Jedi. That'd be sweet. We're talking away in some bar on Corellia, when suddenly some ugly-assed Trando starts making trouble, and boom! Mofo whips out a lightsaber and ****s him up. And I'd be sitting there, drinking my lum, and spamming 'LOLOLOLOL!1lo1lo!111' as the Trando tries to type in pleads of mercy 'OH JESUS!! IM SROYY!! I DIEDNT NO U WER A JED!!!!!11``` OH CHRIST!!111'

-DA-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i kinda like this , it means that if lamers do become jedi and be 1337 they'll probably die soon enough anyway

the only high level jedi around will be the really elite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

here is some more info about it from the FAQ:

6.17 How do Jedi work?
    Your main character does not become a Jedi. Rather, the actions of your main character can unlock an additional character slot which is Force-sensitive. Characters created in this additional slot can then advance through the Jedi skills as well as any of the other skills in the game. Each player account allows for only one potential Jedi slot and the mysterious method to unlock it won't be the same for every player.

6.18 How are you going to keep Jedi rare?
    Jedi characters suffer permadeath unless they reach Jedi Master status. You do not lose the Jedi character slot, but the character in that slot is deleted. Upon reaching Jedi Master status, Jedi become "blue glowies" rather than permadying when they die. In order to compensate for deaths that are completely out of control of the player (such as ones caused by network latency) each Jedi will be able to die a couple times before death is permanent. The life of a Jedi is extraordinarily difficult, and successfully making it all the way to Jedi Master should be considered the most difficult challenge in the game.

dw

• Advertisement
Advertisement