Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hometel

Options
  • 02-02-2003 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

anyone hear of these guys? Got a call yesterday bout how their call charges are lower than anyones. I wasnt there so i cant give much details. Just wondering if anyone else got a call? :)

Ruu

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

>tracert www.hometel.ie

Tracing route to web-5.via-net-works.ie [over a maximum of 30 hops:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Well the domain is registered to Frank Duffy of "Home Choices Sales and Telemarketing Limited", so it might be that VIA just host for them, or it might be them as you say.

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Arent they the Company with the 15c setup charge

Great for Very long local calls

Sh*t for short calls

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I work in Telco and haven't heard of them, I'll look into them on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ruu are you in Ireland? I can't find out much about them. Did they give you a contact number or internet site?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Im in Ireland yeah, well they told my Mum hometel.ie was the website (obviously not) she said they didnt give a contact number

jus did a search for Hometel on google and it showed that u can pay bills from them with An Post like many others, very strange that no one else has heard of them

ok got a bit more info, they told my mum they were based in Maynooth, still looking around to see if she got a phone number from them or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

HomeTel Ltd.,
    Main St.,
    Maynooth,
    Co Kildare.

Customer freefone: 1800 930 350

HomeTel was established in September 2003. It is a spin off from Home Choices Sales & Telemarketing Ltd. - the company that carries out Newtel's TPV activity. While Home Choices is based in Dublin beside Newtel offices, Hometel is based in Maynooth, Co. Kildare.

Hometel offers a cps service to residential customers in Kildare, Louth, Dublin and surrounding areas. Customers call the Hometel freefone number. A Hometel employee takes the customers contact number and organises for one of the Hometel sales agents to re-contact the customer. Hometel does not have a direct inbound call centre.

Hometel uses TPV to port their customers. Their pricing structure is similar to Newtel's as they offer peak and off-peak rates, as opposed to day evenng and wk end rates.

Hometel appears to be a reseller of Worldcom minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Originally posted by the Guru
    HomeTel Ltd.,
    Main St.,
    Maynooth,
    Co Kildare.

Customer freefone: 1800 930 350

HomeTel was established in September 2003. It is a spin off from Home Choices Sales & Telemarketing Ltd. - the company that carries out Newtel's TPV activity. While Home Choices is based in Dublin beside Newtel offices, Hometel is based in Maynooth, Co. Kildare.

Hmmm.......... "established in September 2003"

no wonder no one has ever heard of them. They've come from the future to eat your babies..... wont someone please think of the children!!!

well as you can see, I know nothing about them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

I know this is an old thread but
    1) They rang -my mother says she asked for further info.(i need further clarification on what was said)
    2) Letter arrived today-stating cps change was being actively processsed
    3) costs 10e a month to subscribe to service

Advertisement