Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smiles. MIA or AWOL?

Options
  • 02-02-2003 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭

This thread got me thinking. Where is fio? I know she's in college, but she said that she'd come in more often after the badly organised attempted coup. Maybe we really should ask the admins to assign a new mod.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

What exactly would you have her Mod?
    You? This post pehaps?
    Sentio aliquos togatos contra Fio conspirare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78794

Her lack of modding of PI indicates that she is only on boards rarely, if ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

well i think she expects us to be able to handle ourselves...we're not little kids, but reading this thread one might think we were. why don't you wait till she comes back and then go from there instead of what happened last time. (remember, someone even had a poll and everything? it was kind of embarassing.) come on. really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Dear, dear, dear.

Yes I am here, and no there hasnt been any trouble lately, so I try not to jump in and "make myself known".

I'm not online daily anymore, and ye seemed to be happy enough yourselves.

I'm not really part of this community, well I am, but i dont know half of the present users personally (as opposed to when I knew them all), and so I cant really join in all the conversations.

If you do want another mod, or to have me replaced then PM me and I'll sort out something with DeVore.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

KEEP FIO! Barry, you're not really in any postition to complain about the state of the board for someone who posts so rarely.
    And if anyone starts boasting about how little they sleep in an attempt to appear cool/jhonen/whatever, I shall pain them. Just a pet peeve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

There nothing like a good gladiator match, with some bloodletting, to get the juices flowing.

“I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven.”

leonbig.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I don't think there is any real need for you to leave << Fio >>, just make five minutes every day for interweb wierdo discussion board sceptre wielding.

I know I do....

the word catharsis springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Yeah, no need to replace Fio. There hasn't been any bad posting really cept for that ickle bit of a troll just there. And it was good fun while it lasted :)

And if we feel we really need a new mod, it will be in the tradition of how all mods are replaced on Boards.ie.....fight to the death!

(i'm not joking....ever wonder what happened to Boston :) ? )

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I agree, there's no need to replace Fio, and besides there's nobody else who would be both a) online often enough and b) fair enough.

Yeah.

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Shut up barry. Fio, stay.

The only times trolling gets in any way inhibitive on the ctyi board is when people start complaining about the levels of spam here <with the exception of a couple of times when it really did get out of hand *COe-commerceUGH*>. So if we all shut up and be nice and happy people and not feel the need to go out and use silly excuses to vent our useless angst at others <a subtle message to mr. Aldwell> i don't see why fio should have to be too active.

But certainly it's fast coming to the point where Fio will have to abandon her duties here as she'll know no-one and the gauntlet shall fall unto the most deserving ctyier. Probably one with a year left and who knows everyone.

fio, hows about setting up a private board for all the oldies and fizzytings peoples so we can all keep in touch and i can troll them for the rest of their silly lives?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

ooh, oldies' board! that should only happen when we (i'm never going back so i count :p ) realise that none of the people here are people we know though, because before that it's just elitist. or something. i shut up now. :rolleyes:

anyway yeah, fio's great. shurrup barry.

sHep :cool:

what? elitism is brilliant! it means we can lord it over all our lessers!

... <thinks>... why isn't this thread locked yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

And here's a classic example of why people are bitching for a new mod! Who cares! Lets just keep up with the way things are.

My 2 cents: Shut up Barry!

I'll see you on the elitist boards in oh.... 3 years. Plenty of time to set it up and shut it down then!:p

Eliteism is bad.

Fizztthings show no interest in anyone outside their clique, ie. me, so i'd probably be the worst person in the world to get a board set up.

<< Fio >>

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

You guys can't talk until you have to settle into your first year of college. K? Give the girl a break. She does what she can, when it's needed. I've not seen any need for anything to be modded lately and I must say I feel a lot like Fio. Being of her generation and knowing only some of ye ickle ones I often find myself reading and not getting involved. You'll see when your time comes...

Anyways there's no desperate need for anything to be done at the moment unless there's a particular want for a Mod from the current generation of CTYIers or what have ya.

(This is not an attempt at some osrta arguement so I'm not gonna reply to any bitchyness about this if there be any. Unless i'm particularly bored. :) )

who's on fizzytings anyway?
    you know me, podge. and sven and such. :) HELLOOO!! i'm a little insane, i've slept for around 14 hours in the last 72 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by shep the malevolent pixie
    i'm a little insane, i've slept for around 14 hours in the last 72 :D
    *Hug begins to sizzle with supressede rage*

I ain't been sleeping much. But in the going to bed at 10 and not being able to sleep till 4 way. the BAD way. stupid bad way.

<pokes hug>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

I would also like to point out at this time that there used to be 2 mods...
    </****stiring>

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

Shut up Quiggly.

• Advertisement

Yay!

Further support to my anti-Cormac sentiments! Yay!

YOU GO GIRL!

Originally posted by nosmo
    *Hug begins to sizzle with supressede rage*
    oh shut up. :p

Off topic ness :)

:P

<< Fio >>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement