Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod pm size

Options
  • 02-02-2003 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe this isn't possible but:
    Any chance of larger pm size capability for moderators? I need quite a size sometimes to quote and requote etc. when speaking to co-mods or troublesome meddlers.

When I say pm size I mean - amount of text to be over 1600 characters, not a pm box over 70 pm's large.

Just a suggestion.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

What kind of size were you thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not much more tbh
    If now is 1600 characters - maybe 2000 or at most 2200

Thanks if poss. if not it isn't a problem

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

The software sets a textarea size based on your browser information (as opposed to a server side limit being set - that can be done, but I don't see it here). I can't see a browser configuration that would result in a 1600 character textarea being set. The closest appears to be IE which creates a 20x70 textarea.

Upping the 20 to 30 might work ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hmm maybe it says 1400 characters when I post. Yea, 100 or so characters more (if that is how it works) is nicer for me on IE5 pc and iCab Mac. Would be a little helper for me and some I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Yeah, discussing stuff gets a bit annoying when you need multiple PMs or to edit down to the bare minimum to explain stuff.

It's at 1500 atm i think

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement