Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows ME

• 02-02-2003 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

hey i just installed windows me but i just noticed when i use internet explorer to look at sites like pczone.co.uk which has a pop up ad when u go there it doesn't come up i know some of you think this might be a god send to i go the other forums which when u click on the link for the forum (which opens in new window btw) it doesn't open and i'm forced to copy and paste the link

any help would be grateful

thanks

btw the links you guys put in your posts also don't work for me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

It sounds like a Javascript problem, Possibly the Browser [internet Explorer] has a small bug in it and doesnt run Javascript properly which is what those popups are.
    There are a few things you can do :
    1. Go to the control panel and then Add/Remove programs.
    Double Click Internet explorer in there and choose Repair.
    This will try to repair IE.
    2. in the same place try a Restore option. but as this is a new installation it may not work to well.
    3. Install a newer version of IE, try getting on Cd from a news agent, most Pc magazines come with a copy of IE on the cover disc. Or else download it from Microsoft.com.
    4. Try Netscape or another browser. which can also be found on Cds or downloaded from the Net.

Hope i could help.

Advertisement