Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

idlewild

Options
  • 02-02-2003 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

idlewild - how was it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Splatz

Excellent.

A bit short, though. They played for about an hour (I think it might have been 58 mins. or so but that's just being picky).

I drew three drunken conclusions from this later in the night;
    1) Idlewild's songs are- in the most part- short. Bands with short songs play short gigs... Go figure...

2) They don't screw about like some bands do on stage (*cough* Counting Crows *cough*) in that Roddy's maybe a bit introverted and tends not to talk too much. Well he didn't talk too much both times I've seen them play anyway.

3) They've just got two new band members and there's probably some songs that they haven't fully perfected yet. I mean they played all the stuff you'd expect them to, there was no gaping holes or anything, but just maybe they wanna brush up some of the other stuff? Just a possibility.

I like Future Kings of Spain but they didn't really reach my expectations last night. I dunno if it was nerves or whatever but their recorded stuff sounds so much better.

What did everyone else think of the gig as a whole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

It was a great great show!! Loved it!! Roddy was in great voice and they played a much better gig than at Witnnes last year. Bad things : 1. They didnt play Stay the Same and 2. The fact that it was all ages made me feel unbelievably old. When you start thinking of 17 year olds as REALLY young its time to worry. You know its all ages when people are blowing bubbles....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

I still have a headache from those ****ing strobes. I nearly shat myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I thought i was quite good. i wouldn't have liked to have missed it, and i'm pretty glad i went... but it didn't really change my life*.

*(not that i expected it to i'm just saying)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    I thought i was quite good.

and so modest too!!!
    i must have missed the part where u got up on stage (probably because i wasnt actually at idlewild on sat)

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

how did i miss this? that idlewild were playing? not that i could afford to go, but still! i still remember the first time i heard that when i argue song ... and the american english song will always ALWAYS remind me of aberdeen.

ack.

i don't think have a comment witty enough to reply to that.....

no...

wait...

YOUR MA!!!

(i feel so dirty now that i've typed that)

im glad i missed idlewild and watched pat shortt for the 49th time. that bloody awful song that your referring to o sleep does my head in :)

and tyrrial.....BITE ME!

:):):)

Well i guess we all know who will win this battel of wits.....

on that note:
    why can't we all just get along (like up north...kinda)

but cant we have a little fun while we're getting along

you do know im only playing with ya, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Hate being poor!! Couldnt go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

Originally posted by thedrowner
    and so modest too!!!
    i must have missed the part where u got up on stage (probably because i wasnt actually at idlewild on sat)

:)

heh. i only got this just now. i really am very slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

It was good!!!!!!!

It true i did feel so old too and that shouldnt happen till at least another couple of years.

Also there were alot of idiots there as well!!!!(me being one of them).

A friend of a friend of a friend apparently hooked up with Roddy after the gig in Whelans-Im soooooooo bitter.It happened to us again Lamda!We gotta start goin to Whelans after gigs!!!

In all good though!!

have no fear drowner.. i have called off the hitman.... unfortunatly the hitwoman is yet to be contacted..... so just watch out for a crazyed gun whealding maniac....(who happens to be female)

;):D

Originally posted by rapture_queen
    A friend of a friend of a friend apparently hooked up with Roddy after the gig in Whelans-Im soooooooo bitter.It happened to us again Lamda!We gotta start goin to Whelans after gigs!!!

Be quite RQ!! I am choosing not to believe this....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

anytime.
    we're also available for funerals, graduations, court trials and underground street fights.

good gig though.
    they played "in remote part/scottish fiction" and thats all i needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Al Higgins

The after show party was fantastic and all the girls will be pleased to know that as far as I could tell there was no hooking up with any members of the band.

My god my head still hurts from what was a bit of a lost weekend.

Oh and here's some gossip for you all..apparently Idlewild are supporting Pearl Jam and REM this summer.I kid you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 azrial

Mr.Higgins...it was indeed a lost weekend wasnt it?
    Two nights on that little couch for you!
    And you are right it didnt seem like there was any hooking up...mostly I was keeping tabs.....mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i was just v.pleased that they played stuff off captain :D:D

It was good!!!!!!!

It true i did feel so old too and that shouldnt happen till at least another couple of years.

RQ-its all downhill from now, you'll prefer quiet nights in and your tits'll start sagging... (bearing in mind im 2 years older than u)mine are already at my knees! (well we all know thats not true...i did pass the pencil test...for anyone who'd like to know more of this ludicrous test come into the chat room on a sunday evening and i shall divulge all info. except i wont be here this unday. ad probably nor the next one either)

o sleep-well....you *are* male aren't you! it comes natural to your gender :p

tyriall-never fear. i shall seduce her and we shall go afterYOU instead. buit first we'll attack the B & S cd's. *mwah ha ha*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

does anybody think that this band are quite 80's punk/new wave but with nothing particularly new to offer, or is it just me ? You can definitely hear the psychedelic furs in there though, which isnt a bad thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

They didn't play last night i missed all the fireworks, what a class song. There were loads of young girls infront of me so i'm sorry for possibly crushing you, but i had to jump up and down. I really tried not to crush you, i swear. And who was the nob who flicked the fagg across the crowd, my friend got kneed in the balls cos someone thought it was him.
    And also, whats the name of the future kings of spain's album called. i cant find it in tower. would they have it in road or hmv?

Originally posted by sodiumlightbaby
    does anybody think that this band are quite 80's punk/new wave but with nothing particularly new to offer, or is it just me ? You can definitely hear the psychedelic furs in there though, which isnt a bad thing....

im not a fan at all either, i think their stuff is boring. but each to their own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

Originally posted by Macseamusa

And also, whats the name of the future kings of spain's album called. i cant find it in tower. would they have it in road or hmv?

as far as i know the FKOS album has yet to be released...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Yeah the only FKOS release is their single A place for everything and everthing in its place

The album is out soon though I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ixidor

I know i might affend people here but i really didn't think the FKOS looked very confident on the day..

I think the singer was a tad pished..... I thought they were ok but not as good as the last time I saw them.. i think it was at the Phundraiser... god that was ages ago, great night that was.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭madouva

The first single from the album "Face I Know" is due out on March 31st - the album should be out in late May or June.

They're a loud band, and were slapped with a limiter at Idlewild, so it must have been weird for them.

Advertisement