Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

witnness...

Options
  • 03-02-2003 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭

do ya reckon it'll be the same lineup as t in the park like last year? if so we can expect to see REM and coldplay...

but as REM are playing just before that in marlay park, i doubt they'd play witnness as well...

any rumours flying about?

who would ya like to see?

i'd love to see radiohead, and they've said they're touring in june, which could run into july...though i'd prefer to see them headlining a show...

hmmmmm....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Stange as it may seem to most people on this message board i'd really like to see Belle & Sebastian.

BUT i would really really love to see the reindeer section again... oh my god they were good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

I'd love to see The Dirty 3 again. & Ash - who were excellent at Witnness 2001.

& Radiohead, Placebo, Garbage - I hear they're excellent in concert, maybe some Turin Brakes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i hope only **** bands play this year coz ill probably be doing a j1.

so i hope air dont play, and i hope low dont play, and i hope mercury rev dont play and i hope radiohead dont play and i hope....

i'd love metallica to play. and oasis. and.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

ha! seeing as my plans for the summer (which were never as extravagent as a J1) have aparently fallen through i think i deserve a good weekend this summer. it'll probably be the only one ... sniff sniff.

tyrrial: why is it strange for this board that you want to see belle + sebastian play? i missed them the last time they played and i'm still kicking myself. their last album was pants though. well, in comparison with their first three anyway.

Low, dirty three, Reindeer section, all good choices. we should campaign for them to be included. if that's possible.

oh it's just that people (tom182) shout at me when a mention them, look at the posts on the song tage game....

and i'm not worried by how bad the last album was. even the band themselves hated that one... at least i still have the rest of the pure B&S goodness to keep me going

• Advertisement

no. no one deserves to have a good time when im away. no one is allowed do anything remotely of interest until i get back

tyrrial is obsessed with B & S and if you check through all those song tag posts everything he posts is a b& S song

i made a point of disliking B & S when i was younger coz this bloke i hated loved them.

is there a hint of no-love-lost (i can't think of the word ... i think i'm coming down with the flu) between you and tyrrial, drowner? if i hated all the bands people i hated loved (that was a very badly constructed sentance, i know) i would never have discovered bands like mogwai. there are more, but i can't think of any.

did belle and sebastian really hate their last album? was that storytelling or fold your hands? i really liked fold your hands, apart from a couple of duff songs ... storytelling, on the other hand, well it seemed a little bit incomplete. or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha!!!!!!!!

It would be great if Radiohead played!!

Drowner u are doin a J1 and u failed to tell me this why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭fleshmechanic

i'd love to see a great lineup last summer was great but ive heard rumours about zwan, pearl jam & placebo playin' which would be animal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

oh my god if radiohead played that would be possibly the greatest birthday present ever!!!!!! (its my birthday on the sat of witnness)

• Advertisement

did belle and sebastian really hate their last album? was that storytelling or fold your hands? i really liked fold your hands, apart from a couple of duff songs ... storytelling, on the other hand, well it seemed a little bit incomplete. or something.

their last one was stroytelling. it was a soundtrack. the director didn't want any of there music after he asked them to do the soundtrack. in the end only 6 mins of the album was acually use wich pissed off the band.

they are refaring to the album there recording now are there "5th album proper"
    in love thoughs guys

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    they are refaring to the album there recording now are there "5th album proper" in love thoughs guys

meh? i'm not following what this sentance means...

yeah, i was surprised when they released the 'soundtrack' as there was very little b+s music in the film, and one of the songs, the state i am in was off tigermilk. apparently they didn't like the film anyway, bcos they were given a different script or something, but then that could be bitchiness after the whole not-using-music thing.

Originally posted by thedrowner
    tyrrial is obsessed with B & S and if you check through all those song tag posts everything he posts is a b& S song

wow. i just checked the song tag thing (i would participate, and i think i did a while ago, but i'm just not as quick as some people ... i just sit in front of the computer screen staring blankly at the page) and i thought I got obsessive over bands. apparently i'm not all that bad. it is kind of funny, in my opinion, but i could see why it might get irritating (especially if you hate b+s). but, anyway, getting so many belle and sebastian songs to fit isn't *that* much of an achievement, bcos most of their titles are so long, there's bound to be a word in one of them that would fit.

i guess.

To explain myself:

the song tag game for me is to easy if you can just use any song from any band, so why not stick to one. it's just more challenging. and besides..... does it really matter what i post on a crazy song game?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I'd love to see Weezer, The White Stripes, The Strokes, Longwave and Queens Of The Stone Age play

o sleep-nah, nothing like that between me and tyriall, i jkust like ripping the piss where i can. the guy i was talking about is my friend's ex and he was just a big **** head. i made a point of bitching about b & s when he was around, but they are probabyl really good. i just dont lioke that song the boy with the arab strap

right

im going to try and do a smiths theme in the song tag from now on, (quick, pick the good bands with loadsa albums/long worded songs before its too latye!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

oh, the stupid s h i t n n e s s festival. the only way i would ever consider thinking about the possibility of returning to that ill-organised hell stink would be if nada surf were playing. under those unlikely circumstances, i would go only for a day... no longer. now the glastonbury festival, that's a different story. i'll be there in june for sure. last year's festival was the best week of my short life. lovely.

remember: witnness, bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

only bad if ya cant get past the bad... mmm intoxicants...

massive attack seem to be playing a lot of festivals this summer.. it'd be cool if they played...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Calico

I know Idlewild are playing Roddy told my friend in Whelans. Would love if REM played though its highly unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ixidor

well I loved Witnness! it's always been good to me, even when i loose everyone and can't find them for hours as long as your in a good mood it all seems like part of the charm of witnness

• Advertisement

Originally posted by beretta
    now the glastonbury festival, that's a different story. i'll be there in june for sure. last year's festival was the best week of my short life. lovely.

yes, well, unfortunately, not all of us can afford to go to glastonbury (well, i can't, anyway). so my only option for an outdoor summer 'festivel' would be Witnness, but i refuse to go just for the sake of it (ie, if the line up is crap).

and tyrrial: any help with this sentance? i have a feeling it means something, but i'm not too sure

they are refaring to the album there recording now are there "5th album proper" in love thoughs guys

Advertisement