Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing a direct debit from old bank a/c to a new one?

Options
  • 03-02-2003 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭

i am considering opening a U First Current A/c with Ulster Bank i already a Dual A/c holder. I was wondering is it easy to switch a direct debit from the old a/c to the new one. It is for my Esat No Limitis service. What does it involve?

Do i have to ring ESAT and tell them or do i just tell the bank?

Also my SSIA is on my old a/c can i switch this to my new a/c without to much hassle.SSIA in BOI.

Any ideas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

once you have the new a/c open then

1. Get new DD form for each DD from ESAT and BoI.
    2. Fill them out and FAX them to both your bank and to the beneficiary. In the cover note tell them cancel the old dd, set up the new dd (per form attached) and require a reply to the FAX by THAT AFTERNOON on Number xxx in writing.
    3. The reply fax is to confirm that they understood, submitted cancellation of old one, subnmitted new one and the branch and bank to whom it was submitted , in writing and by fax.
    4. If this reply fax is not forthcoming by 3Pm (after you send it) then chase their asses .
    5. Once you suspect that the paperwork has gone out, then chase your branch to confirm they got it and implemented it on the new account.

Good luck with ESAT , their accounts droids are fairly legendary...but no matter, you have a fax confirming they understood the instructions you gave them.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Will UB have to change your account number? They may just be able to change your account type on their system, so you get the benefits (& fees) for UFirst without changing your account number?

Alternatively, you might want to consider switching away from UB for a lower-charge (or no charge) account - see here and here for some other options.

Regards - RainyDay

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think UFirst is a particularly good deal.
    Originally posted by RainyDay
    Will UB have to change your account number? They may just be able to change your account type on their system, so you get the benefits (& fees) for UFirst without changing your account number?
    Banks tend to assign block numbers to particular types of accounts, so this may not be possible.

Advertisement