Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Performance Reviews

• 03-02-2003 1:02pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

GAH!

First of all, there's this self assessment nonsense, no I take that back, it's a good idea, but a pain in the arse cause you sometimes don't realise when you're doing badly in an area and think giving yourself a 3 or 4 out of 5 is a good thing only to have the boss tell you you're rubbish.

But to make matters worse, I've got to go for mine at 12 with a sore head and sore body from an all day drinking and metalin' session yesterday at the Raging Speedhorn concert in Limerick.

Anyway, how do your reviews work? I'm not looking for more money (this time), but I'm looking for a decent bonus cause I think I deserve it. It's got to pay for my snowboarding holiday!!!

Wish me luck!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Always aim high. Don't go in telling the boss you think your doing crap.

I've had to fill these out for the last 7 years for 2 diff US mulitnationals. Such bulls*it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

good luck dav.

just point out where you are good, skim over what youre not so good at, citing examples of how you aim to do better.

if someone ever tries to knock you back by saying things you are bad at, then tell them that you were not aware of this, that you have not been made aware of this by anyone, and that you cant get better unless someone helps you and tells you are bad at something.

again, as you say, if you think youre good at something and the company think you arent, then how do they expect oyu to get better without a bit of help :)

go get em tiger...
    rar!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, it's all over and it wasn't too bad.

My manager's a good guy actually, he's easy to talk to and has a "no bull" approach to things - if you mess up, you're told and when you do good, you're told. It's cool to work for someone like that - you know where you stand.

One part where I'd scored myself a 4 and he dropped it to a 3 - fair enough though cause I didn't fully understand the question and I wasn't the first.

Overall it wasn't bad. I doubt I'll be getting anything in terms of bonus - I hate the way employers are using the "Times are tough!" line. We've never been busier in our shop! Excuses. PAH!

Anyway, I'm happy enough, just annoyed that I'm unlikely to get any bonus (again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i have to admit that the non nonsense manager is always good.
    its the spineless ones who will always squirm to get you on side that you have to watch out for, because they are the ones that will cause you trouble.

glad you think it went well

Advertisement