Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soft Cell

Options
  • 03-02-2003 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Yayyyy, Soft Cell broke the Uk top 40 with their new single "The Night" despite lack of airplay in the Uk or Ireland !

Nice to see something other than boy/girl band dross, American teen pseudo punk ****e or rap/dj/r'n'b crap making a dent on the top 40 for a change !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

Haven't heard it yet, and am a fan. Way to go Marc and Dave!

No word on them re-scheduling their Dublin date sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

it looks unlikely the Dublin date will be rescheduled at this stage...they start the next leg of their tour this week and at this point no Dublin date announced...Bah !

I searched town for this single on saturday and it wasnt to be found, unbelievable, how do they expect it to sell if they dont put it in the shops !

I eventually got it, in Virgin in the Square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Dear God i saw them on TOTP2 last week.. pathetically bad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Yeah the singer had a coat with hairy sleeves on hehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Yeh Marc Almond is diturbing enough but his human hair jacket... ugh :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sir

It was kinda like the coat featured in an episode of the osbournes

I dont likes hairy sleeved jackets they're a definite no no in my book!

I must agree, the jacket was pretty atrocious, but then Marc Almond has always been pretty "Flamboyant" or Unusual in his stage attire..i dont agree that they were pathetically bad however.....Marc A did start in the wrong key but after that they were very good...new single deserves its top 40 billing.....best band i've seen live in yonks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i heard he once drank 2 litres of horse jizz

niiiiiiice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sir

That'd explain the jacket so!

oh come on Drowner, you dont really believe that "horse ****e"do you(no pun intended)?.....that was just another one of those stupid sensationalist sound bytes probably made up by some sexually dusfunctional teenager in the 80's or some tablaoid newspaper journalist (same thing really !)......it's amazing the things that were said about Marc Almond because he annoyed people so much for being quite obviously gay.......The most complaints the BBC ToTP show ever received was after Soft Cells first appearance on the show...The narrow minded sexually repressed Brits of the time couldnt deal with seeing a "Real Live " homoxsexual on their screens...god things have changed a bit since the 80's though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

ive never seen such a serious response to a joke before! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

His autobiography "Tainted Life" is a fantastic read. He also covers the whole urban myth thing. Same story was circulated about heaps of stars over the years, in varying shades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Originally posted by Pearl
    His autobiography "Tainted Life" is a fantastic read. He also covers the whole urban myth thing. Same story was circulated about heaps of stars over the years, in varying shades.

Would love to read it - he's an intriguing character, always seems like a very sweet, friendly guy in interviews and on stage, and yet is alledgedly a card-carrying member of the Church of Satan. Is this covered in the book? (Funnily enough, the only real-life Satanist I know is also very smily and friendly. Odd that.)

Going to see them tomorrow night at the Brixton Academy. Woo! (Sorry sodiumlightbaby, not meaning to make you jealous).

Hey Lolo,

yeah was trying to get over for it and Numan this weekend but just couldnt make it...have a ball (a dave ball that is !!)...Me and Bren and Jeff are hopefully coming over for Wire in April though. might see you then !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Ewwww, I'd rather not have a Dave Ball, what a vile thought!
    I don't know if we're going to be here for the Wire gig (planning a trip home sometime in April), but if we're around we'll definitely be going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 bren

Hey, Sodiumlovebody...you know that horse
    story's true... You were dat horse!!!

Lolito...get yer skates on Wire play Pink Flag with cast of
    stars in feather tutus... ya know it makes sense...
    nearly sold out so beware...be-vere-ware... Punk-feckn-Rock!!!!

Catch ya in londing in a few weeks.....

B.....

Advertisement