Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For Software

Options
  • 03-02-2003 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

no this isnt a warez monkey post so put away the card,
    i`m wondering if there is any software available commercially that will allow me to have a specific output going to the tv out while i can still work on the main monitor getting something else ready to go out?

any hardware recommendations aswell to do this would be appreciated because the box is being bought to do this
    Thx in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...it's highly unlikely, mate. Simply because (unless the graphics card is designed for multi-monitor display) the graphics card can only output one video stream at a time, which will be going (eventually) to both the D-SUB and the TV-Out port.

Sorry it's not more positive...
    Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

ah thanks,any ideas how much a lappie with dual support would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

doesn't the gainward gf2 mx with tv out support multiple monitors ?

dont know if it comes in lappie style though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...you'll need Windows 2000 or XP for multi-monitor mode, to begin with, and then you can do one of two things:
    1. Buy a laptop with one of the following chipsets (amongst others): ATI MOBILITY RADEON, RAGE MOBILITY and RAGE LT PRO, NeoMagic MagicMedia 256AV, Nvidia GeForce2 Go and Quadro2 Go, S3 Savage and ViRGE, Trident Cyber 9525DVD. These should all (with the right drivers) do multimonitor modes fine. I'm sure that there are newer cards too, such as updated versions of the above cards, but make sure to check before you buy.
    2. There are such things as PCMCIA video cards, which can be used to provide a second video out on laptops that don't have them. They won't be cheap, mind.

Hope this helps,
    Gadget

Advertisement