Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demos Messing Up

Options
  • 03-02-2003 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

Hio

Just wondering what causes quake 3 demos to become all choppy and jittery

I know it has something to do with sv_fps setting being too low, but I've seen demos of servers running with sv_fps 20 and they record fine..yet a few lan games I recorded come out as if the display was showing 20fps.

I think Cl_timenudge has an effect on it too.

What're the standard server settings, and what should be set when you're recording?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

If you play on a listen server, ie a server where the person hosting can play on the same machine, you get that crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

it might have something to do with g_synchronous clients... the autorecord feature in OSP should sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by Illkillya
    it might have something to do with g_synchronous clients... the autorecord feature in OSP should sort it.

But doesnt g_synchronous clients allways have to be enabled to record a demo?

Oh, and alot of the demos that got messed up like this were from the waterford lan..and I was using Autorecord then.

Must be the listen server then. Wonder would running a dedicated on the same machine make any difference? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

yeah it will, you need more memory for it tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

512 enough? :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement