Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abit KD7 Prob

• 03-02-2003 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Right, I went to hook up a crappy hard drive as slave today, booted system and for some reason, even though I had the OTHER harddrive set as Master, this new one somehow booted it's lovely Win95 system. Anyway, I shut it down in the middle of it setting up the hardware (planning on formatting it anyway) and plugged usual slave drive back in.

Restarted computer, BIOS comes up... fine, then it freezes on "Verifying DMI Pool Data..." and goes no further.

I've tried loading fail safe defaults in BIOS and clearing the CMOS, when I clear the CMOS I got the message "Verifying DMI Pool Data.... Success!" and it STILL went no further.

Help?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

That does not sound like a mobo problem dude!

Advertisement