Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Match Ban For Gerrard

• 03-02-2003 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

that's what Sky News told me earlier. no harm either. anyone who says it's undeserved needs their head examined

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

SG said after the incident that he tried to pull out of the challenge !!!
    Imagine the damage done to Naysmith if he hadn't "pulled out of the challenge".

Pain in the snot though, we're gonna miss him badly...well at least Didi's back fit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Got what he deserved, the intent was there regardless of wheather or not he pull out or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yep, looks like he could be the next Roy Keane...

Shame he is out, he is just starting to get back to form and it's no coincidence that the team is coming back to form on line with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Yeah its a shame.He is coming back on form. When's the ban start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

look at roy keane b4!! he was and is still the same!!! i can see gerrard becoming the next keane!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yep, looks like he could be the next Roy Keane...

Which in a way may not be such a bad thing just if he minuses the controversy out of his game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wordup

he's lucky not to be banned for longer in all fairness....

and yeah there is a bit of a Keano streak in him i reckon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No suprises, could have been worse.
    Its just as well the next 3 games arn't
    too taxing, well hopefully! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

hes lucky enough!! at least he is not suspended for the worthless cup final!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

apparently Gerard Houllier was furious with the verdict of the fa video panel.

the referee even said he'd have sent him off if he'd seen it.

bloody awful tackle - indefensible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

It is a bit odd that both managers said that it was not as bad a tackle as made out by the video panel. Usually the manager with a player on the receiving end is baying for blood.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I don;t how the managers can say it was not bad, everyone here agrees it was not a good tackle, cannot see how the managers see it different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

was a wreckless challange.

But there are rules for different people. Berkamp had a 'stamping' incident before xmas (I think). I think he got away with a fine only...wheras Gerrard gets a ban.

If the FA are dishing out punishment the least they could do is to make it consistant across the board.

Gerrard will be back for the worthington cup final to kick some scum a$$!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭insomniac

Gerrard will be back for the worthington cup final to kick some scum a$$!

What the hell are you talking about. He's not going to turn on his own team mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by insomniac
    What the hell are you talking about. He's not going to turn on his own team mates.

He could give Owen a kick...!:mad:

Mike.

Advertisement