Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really peed off

Options
  • 03-02-2003 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

To summarise;

Car stolen in 2000, crashed.
    Writen off by insurance Co. to the value of IR£2900, decided to fix up the car anyway, insurance Co. said fine.
    Grand, had a no claims protection limit of IR£3000
    Have paid two premiums since with no addition to the premium.
    Last years quote was €1100, provisional license (it's a 1.5L Mitsubishi by the way).

Have now got full license and this years premium is ~€1360 :mad: , they're saying that this is due to my claim in 2000 :mad: !!
    So I rang them and tried to get to the bottom of it, turns out that they are including the cost of towing of the car to a garage (less than 10 miles) the fee ??
    ~€309 !! :confused:

This makes me break my claim protection limit by ~€180 :mad:

I'm absolutely furious, but what can I do ?
    Nothing I guess. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

That sounds rather dodgy to me - if they have not removed your no-claims bonus before this year, I don't see how they have any right to do it now. I'd suggest you have a chat with a solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Are you saying the towing charge
    is now being included for the first time? If so I'd be querying that...

How did you get a quote of €1100
    for a 1.5 as a provo driver?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

That sounds rather dodgy to me

I might have a chat with the insurance federation tomorrow and see if they can shed any light on this.
    How did you get a quote of €1100

I'm with the Engineers Institiute of Ireland, and they have a group scheme with a company in Dublin. I got insured 5 years ago when I was 23 in my first car a 1.3L Corolla for IR£1230 and that's the most I've ever paid them for a premium.

So I know I won't be getting any sympathy from people who are paying some of the premiums I read about on here, but I'm just soooo MAD at the moment, I was honestly expecting somewhere in the region of €900 as they had given me a refund of €160 in November for passing my test then, it just doesn't add up ??

Advertisement