Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breach of contract?

Options
  • 03-02-2003 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

hope this is in the right place please move if its not.Hears is whats wrong i got a part-time job with a shop now i am contracted for 16hrs [i got a new permanent
    contract about 6weeks ago] a week but for the last month i am not getting this, i usually only get about 8-10hrs.Now there reason for not giving me the hours is that they are quite[which they are] but dont you think they should have know it would get quite after x-mas and given me less contract hours?they just give me any hours on friday,saturday and sunday,which is quite anoying as i cant get another job on my day off.can they do this dont they have 2 give me the hours they contracted me for?anyone know if the employment legislation is on the web??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.entemp.ie/erir/empl_rights.htm

There are requirements to pay you for at least one quarter of hours you are on "standby / on-call", but I'm not sure if this is the case. Is your contract for a minimum of 16 hours and is this onus on you or your employer. If you can, can you post the caluse from the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i have not gotten a copy of the new contract i signed and i was told that they do not give them out but it is in the office anytime i want to look at it [which i think they cant do either]but i have the temporary contract i was given before x-mas and i am nearly sure it is the same contract.which states:
    "You are contracted to work a specific amount of hours per week and you may be asked to work aditional hours of which you will be paid at the same hourly rate as agreed."
    then further down the page it says :"Your contract hours will be 4hrs friday 8 hours saturday and 4 hours sunday"

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by irishguy
    i have not gotten a copy of the new contract i signed and i was told that they do not give them out but it is in the office anytime i want to look at it [which i think they cant do either]
    You are right they must give you a copy.
    Originally posted by irishguy
    "You are contracted to work a specific amount of hours per week and you may be asked to work aditional hours of which you will be paid at the same hourly rate as agreed." then further down the page it says :"Your contract hours will be 4hrs friday 8 hours saturday and 4 hours sunday"
    That looks like they have to give you 16 hours paid work or 4 hours on-call pay or a combination of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i had a look at that site and i saw that they had to pay me 25% or 5 hours or which ever is less,ill say it the next day i am in.thanx alot for the help victor

Advertisement