Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballroom #11, Valentines Day

Options
  • 03-02-2003 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭

Ballroom of Romance presents:
    Ballroom #11

The Lower Deck, Friday Feb 14th, Doors 9pm (come early!)

Valentine's Day extravaganza:
    Valentine's Day is on the 14th February for those of you not into love.

The Dudley Corporation

http://www.thedudleycorporation.com

"Formed sometime in the distant present, The Corpo are pioneers in the quixotic and intoxicating field of MamrockTM". Lovely songs about love, loss, Joss and toss, the Dudley Corporation are one of Ireland's leading bands. Back from a tour of America and Iceland last year, the Dudleys will be bringing their wry observations on romance to this Valentine's Day
    special.

As Japanese mag, Buy or Die said: "one listening it just does you can
    understand the guitar Band which had the original tea which it will be
    secure". Or something along those lines.

The Tycho Brahe

http://www.thetychobrahe.com

Their debut album This Is… is unquestionably one of the best albums of 2002. Featuring members from the Plague Monkeys and the Jimmy Cake, the Tycho Brahe have a gorgeous and intimate style unique to themselves. We're delighted to have these guys around for our Valentine's Day – they make music you'd want to propose to!

Derrick Devine

http://www.derrickdevine.com

With a debut e.p. entitled 'Charge' out on the 25th of february, Derrick Devine plays his first gig with a full band at the Ballroom of Romance. Derrick name-checks the likes of Elliott smith, the Frames and dEUS as influences so expect a number of quiet, acoustic-based gems with moments

Doors 9pm. Free CD-r to the first 100..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Hmmm this sounds most interesting.....
    Valentines Day - bitterness and alcohol now with added music hurrah!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

... which means that if i'm going (and i probably will be) i'll get to see the dudley corporation two nights in a row ... not that i'm complaining, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

The Tycho Brahe album is smashing. Just smashing. Derrick Devine has a 66e unit in his band too so he should be afraid, very afraid.

GET THEE TO A BALLROOM!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Al Higgins

This is going to be such a good night.

Now I'm glad I dont have a girlfriend anymore,who would have probably wanted to do something completely different/boring.

:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Aaarrrghhh.......I want to go to this......I think I said something to someone about doing something else on this terrible day......don't know anyone who's going.....

I'm scrolling and I only see Lamda....Lamda, can I be in your gang???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i would also like to go to this
    ive just been asked to teach singing classes that night though, so id probably be late
    but imagine me teaching singing classes *freaks* (but it is 25 euro an hour)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by Silverfish

I'm scrolling and I only see Lamda....Lamda, can I be in your gang???

At last!!! Do you know how long ive been waiting for some one to say that??? We'll call ourselves the CHRIST PUNCHERS cruising the streets being rude to old ladies!! :cool:
    Anyway yeh, lets just say im going but i wont actually know til next week at some point... Also where in the hell is The Lower Deck?? Answers on a postcard please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Originally posted by thedrowner
    i would also like to go to this
    ive just been asked to teach singing classes that night though, so id probably be late
    but imagine me teaching singing classes *freaks* (but it is 25 euro an hour)

Will you teach me how to sing? i always wanted to be able to sing. I can't pay you though, or turn up for singing lessons, or sing for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by Ed
    Will you teach me how to sing? i always wanted to be able to sing. I can't pay you though, or turn up for singing lessons, or sing for that matter.

we'll do gigs, you can mime and i'll sing and hide. if anyone asks why youve such a feminine voice tell them you were in the vienna boys choir :) *chop chop*

I'm sailing at half mast...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭Holyghost

Originally posted by lamda
    At last!!! Do you know how long ive been waiting for some one to say that??? We'll call ourselves the CHRIST PUNCHERS cruising the streets being rude to old ladies!! :cool:
    Anyway yeh, lets just say im going but i wont actually know til next week at some point... Also where in the hell is The Lower Deck?? Answers on a postcard please.

In Portobello. Walking from town toward the canal, turn right at the canal by the Portobello College. The road curves round to the right and he Lower Deck is the Pub straight in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

ah jaysis

This is next week folks...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ixidor

i hate the damn 14th of this god forsaken month! may it be left and forgotten in the relms of history!..... forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

32.84 post average! Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

In the run up to this annual celebration of bitterness,lonliness, heartache, regret, anger and of course chocolate i have started my celemebrations already and am drinking beer right now

Mmmmm....... beer......

But yeah balroom of romance sounds good......

I is there......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

call ourselves the CHRIST PUNCHERS cruising the streets being rude to old ladies!!

oooh oooh ooooh can I wear a motorcycle jacket and spike my hair and chew gum???

I'm going to Voodoo but I'll be sorry to miss this.

This is the perfect remedy for all those, like i, who loathe this ****ing day.

.. and we've got a site:

http://www.ballroomofromance.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

And a grand site it is too!

I'm bringing girls with me so yeah should be fun...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

Okay, a (quick!) gig in Voodoo and then I'll run run run all the way to Portobello. Will someone save me a seat? (*sniff*)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

la la laa

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

Last couple of Ballrooms have been jammed by 9.30.
    Recommend getting there earlier, not least for the free CD.

Originally posted by joss
    Last couple of Ballrooms have been jammed by 9.30.
    Recommend getting there earlier, not least for the free CD.

What he said!!:cool:

Advertisement