Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which is more important g-card r ram???

Options
  • 18-03-2001 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

i hav 64mb ram n a 8mb graphics card, i was thinkin of getin 128mbs more ram, i would like to get a new graphics card aswell but i'm not sure if i can aford both! can anyone suggest a good but cheep graphics card??? 16 - 32 mb....

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

It depends on the games you want to run... if you're playing Halflife/Quake3/Unreal or other heavily 3D games - then go for a new GFX card first (geforce2, TnT2, Voodoo3 - depending on your buget and system specs)
    You could use more ram, but I reckon an 8MB card is your main drawback.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i was just lookin around itdirect.ie n they're offering 128mb of pc 133mhz sdram for £59 n ATI Xpert2000 Pro 16MB AGP OEM for £52, i could aford that, but would it be ne good???

cool i won't ask where it came from! wink.gif LOL

i'll talk to ya in a week or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

for 140 quid i can get you 128mg of pc-133 ram and a tnt2 m64 32meg card.

thats an agp card by the way. i also have a v3 3000 agp 16mg if you want it

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    for 140 quid i can get you 128mg of pc-133 ram and a tnt2 m64 32meg card.</font>

hmmm that sounds good, but i won't have the money till the end of the month, would that be ok?

that my friend would be fine.
    just mail me when and where you would like to meet up. we will have a pint, we will trade, when you leave i will get someone to rob you and.. er, sorry, thinking out loud again...
    seriously, just mail me when you want the stuff.

Advertisement