Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

now i have two messengers

Options
  • 03-02-2003 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

its bad enough having the one, but now that i have upgraded to the new version, msn 5.0, i have two versions (4.7 and 5) coming on.

it seems that one is tied to my logon (windows xp) and the other, older version is defaulting whenever i open outlook.

any ideas for fixing this other than just removing 5.0 and hoping for the best?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

run msconfig and disable the windows messanger from your startup.

I'm also trying to find a way to stop the old one starting with Outlook tho.

Anybody any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Kaimera
    I'm also trying to find a way to stop the old one starting with Outlook tho.

(assuming Outlook XP)

Try clicking Tools, Options, "Other" tab, untick "Enable Instant Messaging in Outlook"

That's assuming that unlike me you haven't purged your machine of the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

rite i have icq an msn.... is there a program that will controll the 2? e.g i get a message in icq an then in msn an they show up in lets call it "X" for now rather than having the 2 proggys open an usin up what limited memory i have on this piece of ****.!
    as far as i can remember there is something that can be used... like a pm manager or something..?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Kastro
    rite i have icq an msn.... is there a program that will controll the 2?
    Trillian should do the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

sound for that.. just what i wanted..

• Advertisement
Advertisement