Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why were manakins threads closed?

Options
  • 03-02-2003 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

i dont really see why the were closed, there wasnt anythign wrong with them, the drunk driving one is a fact, and it should be brought to peoples attention. That drunk driving is illegal, but people still do it, and people still get killed, and physically and mentally damaged by it. Closing the thread wont make it go away. The celebrity one shoudlnt have been closed either, it wasnt derogatory, it wasnt taking the piss outa anyone, im confused, isnt boards a place for voicing opinions? and doesnt closing threads kinda destroy that? u sir, are a bad mod:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Off topic!

PLEASE SEND ME THE FILE OR LINK IN A PRIVATE MESSSAGE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Sterile Fish

jim, u post far too much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

I closed them.....

for the simple reason that he posted stuff, which are in no way related to the north....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Fair point terr, I think its 2 deter people liek jim posting 2 much :p and on the topic of that, the best way 2 see if some1 has posted 2 much is 2 look at their posts per day ratio i.e. mine is 0.22 which quite frankly is unrealistsic as i have been signed up 4 boards 4 2 years and only have 130posts :rolleyes: im ols sk00l boards and so is paul (rock on \m/ :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i was under the impression the "North" forum wasn't just to chat about topics to do with the "North" but was also a place where people from NI could talk to each other about anything but in a more closed group of people. ie. people living in the same area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sterile Fish, there are more appropriate places for that stuff, i might say the Recycle Bin, but how about Humour or After Hours.

[He asked a question. He's getting an answer. Of sorts. Those cards server only one purpose. Read my PM. merc]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

How did johnny the fox get to be the mod? He sucks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I think I can see the point of view from both sides of the argument but I think that the drink driving one should have stayed up as it has quite recently affected quite a few of the people who are posting here.

Oh, and telling the mod he sucks is not a good idea.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Manakin

Terry just got.....

m2642614-188.jpg

[pic should work now...merc]

• Advertisement

no i didnt, u shuld be sticking up for your freedom of speech mick-e!! without it all u have is ur guitar , and everyone knows how much u suck at that:P lol, i is kidding, u rock man!!

Sterile Fish
    Fast Newbie

Do **** up terry.

jim what is your problem? you post more than me, just you do it over a longer time so your posts per day isnt as high, if u have something against me tell me, or is it just an excuse for you to post more often? whatever it is, just tell me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Little fish, big pond.

Youve been on for 2 months.
    You have half the posts i do.
    I have been on for 5 months.
    Therefore you post more than me.
    Justifying
    "DO **** up terry"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

And people wonder why topics get closed? most likely because they spin off in2 a inner-turmoil of muppetry...jeez i sound like an admin :p well the point is lads boards are usually for talking about issues or things which are fun, not reading stuff like the above: hence my message> jim u r bored in class, its funny but always gud 2 reallocate ure target after every few posts ;) and ffs lads cheer up! on that topic, party at ocs wh00t :p

Dan, i dont do it for the 'street cred' of posting in i.t. class on boards.ie, i started replying here because, the question was asked why was teh mankin board closed, i said that it was due to people going off topic, thats why it was closed.
    Then terry in his brilliance suggested that i posted do much, ignoring the fact that he posts at a greater rate than i do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Arkan

hey chada can i touch yer bum? homo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Has the fairy got a new account or what? This arkan guy reminds me of him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement