Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minors Rugby

• 03-02-2003 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone watching or betting on the schools leagues this year?
    JCT
    SCT
    Provincials etc..
    There's going to be an interesting competition if you are. Clongowes, one of the favourites to take the Leinster Schools Senior Cup home, were knocked out in the first round by one of the underdogs, my own St. Marys! Brilliant match!

If anyone's gambling on those leagues though, the St. Marys provincials are a sure bet. They're wiping the floor with all oncoming opposition. Not that they're overly brilliant, just their opposition are far from any respectable standard.

St. Marys JCT are also in position to do well, if they can beat Belvedere and Terenure, their only stiff opposition.

The SCT won't do that well with Blackrock in the next round, although Blackrock are not up to the usual standards this year at all. Belvedere will thrash them if it comes to that, but I would think Blackrock might manage to send them home.

That's my 2 cents anyway. Any views or opinions on what I've said? Any bets placed or going to be placed in light of what has been said here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

g'wan the nure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

FS once again St. Micahael's were knocked out of the first round of the SC by Belvo 15-9
    Thats out in the first round 5 times in the last 6 years, we'll be in the qualifiers soon.

At JCT level we were in the final for this team, we NEVER do well in the SC for some reason although to be fair we always get a very hard draw while Blackrock get King's Hospital :confused:

Ahh well, its my last year aswell :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

This year though they've separated it into two groups. All the best teams on one side: Marys, Blackrock, Clongowes etc...
    And all the worst teams in a group of their own: CUS, Andrews etc...

That makes it a bit fairer. Although what it means in a waqy is that the winners of the best group play the winners of the lesser group in the final. Little fixed then perhaps?

But, Marys JCT, Monday, CUS.

There's a match to have a few hundred euro on!

Originally posted by It wasn't me!
    This year though they've separated it into two groups. All the best teams on one side: Marys, Blackrock, Clongowes etc...
    And all the worst teams in a group of their own: CUS, Andrews etc...

And yet Blackrock still play King's Hopsital...?

I think its a bad format, the best teams should always end up in the final even if they're always the same teams. Makes for better rugby

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Nobody interested in the N.I schools cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It made for INFINITELY better rugby! Kings hospital are just in the game for the sake of calling themselves a rugby school. And of course, so they don't have to call themselves a canoeing school!:D

Blackrick only beat them 19-13, were playing 5th year squad and had to put on a few first team players, would've loved to see them knocked out though :)

Advertisement