Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf1942 1.3 patch out

Options
  • 03-02-2003 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

www.modtheater.com

yadda yadda tonnes of fixes
    Kdjac why dont you post a bleeding link

Cos i need the hits mannnn i need em reallll badd!!!!!!!!!

heheheheh

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

yay, i dont play it on-line, but it rocks at LAN parties, for those who havent tried it, play the Desert Storm mod, it rocks, but the migs are a bit sh*t, far too fast with inaccurate weapons and pointless in dogfights, but apart from that its superb, love the choppers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 zoidberg

My god this patch is the business. New weapon sounds, models, and the graphics and AI routines have been streamlined and optimised. It now visibily runs better on my machine, and can even bump up the detail now a lot more. Fair play to EA for eventually getting it right. ;)

Patch Readme

Well worth downloading if you have performance issues with the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

also free is a wallhack :(

simple console command and you ahve aworking wall hack.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Bloody hell, 47.42Mb :eek:

Though here is what you get:

NETWORK/SERVER FIXES
    - Optimization of server priorities to improve Net Performance
    - Smoother object movements
    - Text strings are sent to the server
    instead of ascii, resulting in smoother text entry.
    - No Lag prediction if soldier is sitting in vehicle. This fixes the problem of pilots getting shot out of the cockpit when in a plane.

CLIENT FIXES
    #Sound improvements and optimizations
    - New and improved Sounds in 1st person view for the following weapons:
    *Bar 1918
    *Thompson
    *MG42
    *Browning
    - New streamed sound implementation increases performance and decreases memory usage.
    - Problems with SoundBlaster Live on WinXP and Win2000 systems are solved #Graphical Improvements
    - New and improved fire animations in 1st person view for the following weapons:
    *stg44
    *bar1918
    *mp18
    *mp40
    - New and improved models in 1st person view for the following weapons:
    *stg44
    *bar1918
    #Gameplay tweaks
    - Damage to airplanes from the following has been decreased by 50%:
    *BAR
    *StG44
    *Thompson
    *MP40
    *AA GUNS
    -Spreading when walking and shooting increased on the following weapons:
    *BAR
    *StG44
    - Reloading time on sniper and engineer rifles reduced by 33%.
    - Rate of ticket decay when a team holds more than half of the command points has been increased on Head-on maps
    - Rate of ticket decay when Attacker holds all the control points on Assault Maps has been reduced by 40%, leaving a better chance for the defender to retake a CP.
    - Rate of ticket decay when the defender holds the map reduced by 40% on assault maps.
    - Attacker / Defender ticket ratio changed slightly to defenders favor on assault maps
    - When going outside of the map boundaries, soldiers will take 20% of their full health of damage per second (after being warned)
    #Optimizations.
    - Decreased Loading times for the game and map changes.
    - SafeDisk check only when starting game and not when changing maps

Here are a few mirrors:
    Blueyonder Battlefield v1.3
    Jolt.co.uk (ftp root)
    oc48gaming Battlefield v1.3
    3Dgamers.com Battlefield v1.3

Also, here is a shot of the wallhack, screen taken from http://www.bf42.com. Hope Dice get a 1.4 patch out quick and pix the problem. There already working on it now.
    screenshot78.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Most players seem to hate the patch...

Flak supposedly does 50% less damage to aircraft, and most handheld weapons do less aswell. Even good pilots are saying that this is making the planes almost invincible, more players seem to be queueing for planes now and some maps (like market garden) have become incredibly onesided.

Alot of people are saying that the game is now crashing alot in XP, and that sounds aren't working properly. The old trick of turning off hardware sound accel in windows and in the game doesn't seem to work as well anymore.

Ive read a few who like it, this patch certainly isnt as welcome as the 1.2 one was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

er!!! Screwed up patch?
    Most of the servers and forums i go to love the patch.
    Performance is incredible now,netcode is better,better sounds.
    Basically everything runs so much smoother now.Ive heard AI are really good now.I havent tried them yet but dont really care as online is where this game comes into its own.
    The wall hack thingy was just a debug command left in by accident and Dice know what sort of a monster game they have on their hands therefore will and have been proving their commitment to improving things.
    The performance increase is incredible with this patch.

Seems to be 50-50 love hate from what i seen.

Cons
    Wall hack
    AA gun
    Sounds

Pros
    server is better
    ping is better
    Tking fixed.

Im happy with it but those aa guns are stupid someone on our forums making a "fix the aa gun mod" wonder how many dloads that will get.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I just got the game and reckon it's about time I got my ass handed to me online. I know it's been asked before, but recommend any good servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I was thinking of getting to this game to play at LAN`s and such like but with a load of patches to worry about its purring me off!

Is this game worth the bother?

This is possibly the best multiplayer game ever made.
    Its different to CS and MOH in that you have to work as a team to win.

Its even fun when your losing and getting pushed back to your base.
    Never played it on a LAN tho do play online almost everyday.

Some good servers

STF-Uk.net WW6 [56k Heaven R2R]|96ms|212.159.6.231:14568
    STF-Uk.net WW7 [64 Player]|97ms|212.159.6.231:14569

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I'm an absolute monster in those fighters.. I don't see why they're making them more resistent to hand-held weapons. The flak guns did need to be toned down a bit though, they require zero skill to use.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

can you patch from retail with the 1.3 update or do you have to update to 1.2 first?

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    can you patch from retail with the 1.3 update or do you have to update to 1.2 first?
    There should be a full patchand an update, if your on version 1.0 you will need the full patch, if your on 1.2 you only need the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm want to update this game running 1.0 at the moment, can't seem to find a full upgrade to 1.3 should i just download 1.1 and 1.2 first?

That 47meg is the full update, shouldnt need the others for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    Is this game worth the bother?

Yes! In concept it's like Operation Flashpoint, except for the fact that it's fun. It's way easier to get into, and more like a game than a simulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

my bf1942 1.2 used to work fine, now with 1.3 I get crashed out to desktop or in worse cases my computer resets totally.. no amount of troubleshooting on the planetbattlefield forums or elsewhere has helped..

apparently dice/eagames are working on this .. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

they are working on a 1.31 patch.

There are still a lot of 1.2 servers so just go back to 1.2 and play on those.

Advertisement