Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is.....

Options
  • 04-02-2003 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Action Scripting, in relation to Flash

is it like roll over buttons, Java Script but yet for Flash .... I fecking need to get this right in my head an interview tomorrow and I think they might ask about it, so I would like to be able to say that I at least know what it is.

thanks paddy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I would Say yes but no its not ??????????? but im not an expert

I would Say its more Like Programming for Flash

Oh I dont know either and I use Flash :confused:

But do a google or check the Macromedia Website for the correct definations

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Check google obviously, but I'd say it was a programming interface for Flash. At the simplest level it can be akin to Javascript while the more advanced stuff is pretty heavy and includes XML support. But I'm not a Flash guru and came up with that answer in a flash (excuse the pun - couldn't resist!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

Im not a pro either but I kinda know what it is:

It is like the guru said a programming language for flash where you can store varibles and create functions(and loads more).

I have been creating flash games for the past month with action scripting.

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Actionscript is based on javascript. It was developed to use primarily with macromedia and works in much the same way as javascript as macromedia wanted people to pick it up quickly. I only started learning it, and thats all i know so far lol.

Advertisement