Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for free phone calls!

Options
  • 04-02-2003 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

G'Day folks...
    I'm looking for a completley free (and almost certainly illegal) method of making phone calls from a PC to a phone.
    I know that MSN ICQ etc provide something like this but the main point I'm trying to concey here is the "Free" aspect of the calls...

Any help or even an acknowlegement of such a program's existence would be great....thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

if its from your pc - i'm guessing you are talking about using the net.
    for a home user this will mean dialup costs at the very least.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Get off your kiddie-hacker arse.
    Get an education.
    Get a degree in comms/systems/networking.
    Get a job in the telecomms industry.

or

Just watch Hackers for the 102nd time and try whistling into the irish phone system for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

What you are looking for is voice over IP. It is not free, you must have an internet connection established, and if going to a phone, you must go through some sort of gateway service.

Since you mentioned looking for an illegal method, I'm just gonig to lock this. ( only 2nd or third time ever ! )

Gav

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement