Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nero crashing. CD Writing a problem

• 04-02-2003 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭

This is my first ever thread so i hope you fine people can help me!I'm at my wits end on this one!

Computer is a P3 750MHz with 128 RAM running 2000 professional. Not great but should support my new philips CDRW48 drive.

After installing the drivers and the nero sofware, i got used to the software and after a few mess ups i wrote a few audio cds.

Lately, every time i try and write a cd, it gets to about 2% and the whole system crashes. Whats goin on? I've used the media player 9 software and it works grand except slow at only 4x speed. Anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

It could be the cd's themselves??
    just cause it says 48x on the cd doesn't mean it is!!
    cheap cd's could be the prob

have ya check the buffer under-run level??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Ive used diffent types of cds so don't think its that. The buffer under run level is reached every time, thats why it crashes. how do i fix this? I've ununstalled and re-installed nero but no joy. Is there any other good software i can get for free?

What OS are you using??
    Did the software come with the burner?

have ya tried getting back to teh comp you bought from

I'm using windows 2000 professional. I cant really bring it back to the store cos the device actually works. Its just the software is having trouble. I clicked on a button one day that accessed the net to get some track titles. Could it be that it recognised that the cd was copyrighted and downloaded some piece of code to mess me up? Ever since that day its beem crashing.

I'll pm ya with some suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Munkeyhed

Try disabling CD Text when your burning audio cds. I got the same problem you had when writing cds, and i disabled cd text. To disable cd text, click on the file menu -> Compilation Info -> Audio CD Tab and then unclick the checkbox that says 'Write CD text on CD'. Do this once you draw up a new compilation, and then proceed to burn your disk. Do a simulation for good measure to double check.

Matt

All sorted matt.
    Started using clone cd and works perfect. To hell with nero!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Started using clone cd and works perfect. To hell with nero!

They're not quite the same beast - Clone CD won't create cd's from anything but another cd or an CCD image file...

b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

yea somtimes the bundled software wont let you go full speed either :(

also, dont burn an audio CD above 12x on ANY disk or drive if you want it to last. i read that on some CD-geek website a while back

I see what you mean now when you cant compile a CD from files on the hard drive.
    I was also having problems with this with Nero. When i dragged across a .WMA file to put onto my playlist for a CD i was trying to make, a pop-up msg came up saying "Nero cannot read this file!" it only would add .MP3 files which sucks.
    The seach for better software continues.

Thanx for the tip about speed, i'm only writing at 8x these days. Not much difference anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

test

Advertisement