Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latin Horse

Options
  • 04-02-2003 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

A nun was sent out from the convenet, one day, with €10 in her pocket to buy some turf for the fire. She was happily going down the street when she spotted a shop with a sign "Turf Accountant" on the outside.

In she went and straight up to the counter and asked to purchase some Turf. Amused by her confusion the gentleman behind the counter proceeded to explain the true nature of the business. The nun was still confused, so as an example, the turf accountant showed her a copy of that days Racing Post.

The nun quickly scanned the page and decided to have a bet on a horse called Benidictus @ 50-1. Sure enough the horse romped home and the bookie paid out the nuns winnings.

She arrived back to the convent with €510 in her pocket and no fuel for the fire. She was summoned in front of the mother superior and asked to explain where she had been. She told the mother superior the events of the afternoon. On hearing this the Mother Superior asked here did she think that the Turf Accounts was a proper place for a nun to be spending the afternoon? "Yes" she replied, "in fact it was quite a religous experience!" "What do you mean?" said the mother superior, "Well" said the Nun, " As he was handing me over my money I distinctly heard him say to his partner............................................................................................................

"Jesus Beneditus Fcuked us"

Advertisement