Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Away Team

Options
  • 22-03-2001 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I admit this one caught me by surprise. Didn't even hear of it until I saw it in EB.

http://www.stawayteam.com/

SOB WILL NOT INSTALL ON W2K AND THE DUMB SITE IS HOPELESS TO HELP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I seen it 2 months ago, avault where previewing it and i thoiught it looked good, reminded me of JaggedAlliance 2 a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Yeah Jagged Alliance/Commandos all that old tat ,I saw it in PCG a while back , as I figure . You should hold out for Commandos 2 , or Fallout Tactics at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Unless of Course youre into trek , in which case go for it smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It installs on W2K... just very very very slowly. So slow and nothing happening you think it's crashed.

Very good game. Still on the first level though. Reminds me a lot of Commandos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

When this game was being first made it wasdnt even a Star Trek game.. Activision got it and turned it into a trek title..

I think Id like to ty b4 I buy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

yea i have been waiting for this for a time
    it's not bad, not as good as Commandos but
    still fun if your a ST fan,
    the interface is a bit too much could have
    been make a bit less messy.
    Desperados now that looks fun, like Commandos
    there takeing the **** of old moives,
    (where eagles dare)
    Desperados (the good, the bad and the ulgy)
    ST:away team: fun but not as good as Commandos
    or as Desperados looks like(demo out for german, English
    demo out next week)

Coyote

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I've played the demo for Fallout Tactics. Easily will be worth 30 of your Irish punts

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Away team seems very easy so far. Even the borg level (which makes absolutly no sense to the plot) was easy. I mean in the TV show you shoot one borg and you have 300+ borgs breathing down your neck.

There has been only one level where I had to restart. There had better be tons more levels or I'm going to be ****ed. :/

Advertisement