Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

da2 need help

Options
  • 04-02-2003 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

hi all ,were having our soundtest with the dublin county council next tues...king sativa and the crayonz are playing ...we need as many people to turn up to help with the soundtest (people obsorb sound) weve spent alot on fixing up da2 ,new stage,new bar ,new ventiation system,new lights system(wont be in on tues though)new 4 way monitor mix,new pa and soundproofed the whole of upstairs....so if you can make it please come down and bring whoever you can its free in and half price drinks all night..if we pass the council test well be back open pretty much straight away...this will be the first small venue built for bands with everything they could wish for it really will blow you away..so please if you can come down ..doors 8 0 clock ...thanks for all the support everyones been giving us ....mick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 helenloves

I think you deserve loads of credit for doing what you're doing. A lot of people give out about venues and Da2 took its fair share. But as far as I can see Da2 is the only venue represented on this board and the only venue actually listening to and responding to its audience's needs. Is it true that both yourself, Mic and the other guy who run Da2 don't really get paid for what your doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

Cracking job boys...

Respect to Da2 just increased by 2 notches on the respectometer.

I can wear my Da2 t-shirt with pride... and not just as pajamas anymore.
    Is it true that both yourself, Mic and the other guy who run Da2 don't really get paid for what

Yeah and they helped smuggle hungry african children out of war torn Somalia in 1994.

Nah, just kidding... I've no idea, they could very well be doing it out of love of music.

Keep up the good work,

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭nessy

best of luck mick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭palmic

thanks helen,keith,nessy....helen no we do get paid but at the moment cos weve no music licence till we past the test,weve had to lay off 7 staff (friends) till we get it back ,everyone else has taken a drop in wages till this is sorted,were well used to it .the old da club was just as bad .but it will all be worth it ,thanks for your very kind words....mick n glen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Lads ,
    Sincere best wishes from myself and the Gigsmart crew , I have to say I was delighted to hear about the development of the venue and was delighted that things are on the up for everyone there. I'll see you tuesday with gigsmart crew in toe!

All the best - Trev

• Advertisement

thanks trevor ,bring everyone you can..everybody helps...mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

See ya there Mick. Good to see yis back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 man of speed 2

Good luck Da2.
    Looking forward to hearing the new sound, and playing the new stage.
    Speedman

www.speedman.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 man of speed 2

Good luck Da2.
    Looking forward to hearing the new sound, and playing the new stage.
    Speedman

www.speedman.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 the mouse

Good on you Mick, I hope it all goes well for you. I will do my best to get all seventy members of the noisey feckers Clouded Mouse in the house on Tuesday.
    You deserve it to work.
    Good on you.
    Iain amd all the Mouse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Manics

i HEARD THAT aBOUT THE aFRICAN KIDS AS WELL... jESUS THEY HAVE HEARTS OF gOLD... iS IT TURE YOU'RE mANAGING THEM AS A BOYBAND nOW? iT'S ****IN' bRILLIANT WHAT YOU CAN ACHEIVE WITH tHE pOWER OF dREAMS! iSN'T IT? bIG rESPECT FOR ALL YOUR WORK... iT'S GOOD TO SEE SOMEONE WITH PROPER DRIVE.

manics you seem to know my dodgy past...pod forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Good stuff mick. You guys deserve a break i reckon.

Did you have something to do with Power of Dreams, Mick? My brother was really into them... I heard that song on It's All Good compilation and I thought it was brilliant. In fact Manics, in reply to your other thread on 'Coloured people' and hip-hop, there's an Irish band that has that sort of flavour... and I think you'd like them.;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

D'yknow, I was just having a conversation with someone about this the other night.

I'm finding it so hard to believe I post on the same board as someone from my All Time Favouritest Band from my teenage years.....

I still have a shedload of POD paraphernalia......sigh....them was the days...... And my mammy would never, ever let me go up to see them play......and I so would have been a screaming teenage girlie fan.....sigh.....
    I can wear my Da2 t-shirt with pride... and not just as pajamas anymore.

I want a DA2 t-shirt.

DA2 is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

Mick Played Bass for those guy's.

tis true,great days they were had a absolute ball...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

At the risk of being cheesy, if I brought my POD tapes into DA2 the next time I'm there could I get them autographed...?

It'd mean ever so much.....!!:D

Originally posted by palmic

C'mon Mick you can do better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

See ye all there!

hi all tomarrows the big un...jusy found out the people who are complaining about the sound wont let us in to there houses to do the soundcheck (this is what were dealing with) but were going ahead with it anyway..it will stand to us in court that they wouldent let us in...we have upstairs done soundproffing wise but the lighting rig,an pa and monitors weve bought wont be in till thur...weve also got to paint and decorate aswell ...anyway most important is the soundtest...so try bring everyone you can thanks again...see yous all tomarrow for the crayonz and king sativa doors 8.30 free in ....mick

No problem there Silverfish, I'm in here during the day - but come along on Tuesday night. I'll sign it if you turn up and bring loads of people!

Mick

What the ****?? 'Manics' is you??? Have you fallen on your own sword???

no im not manics and hes not me.me thinks hes takeing the piss...mick

silverfish.no problem ..if you tape the first album for me i dont have it no more ,be in your debt forever...mick

I was only takeing the piss out of mick

mANics

tis allowed manics..mick

There is something funny going on here.

I am a smart man, and i sense it...

• Advertisement

I agree, 66. Let's talk in the corner... what's the theory?

Advertisement